Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to mobile data network after update

(Topic created on: 02-10-2023 03:06 PM)
DannyValdes
First Poster
Options

It seems that after a Samsung update 9/29 I can no longer cannot to mobile data. I use Google Fi. Where the data signal bars usually are, I see a 🚫 symbol. I tried removing and re-adding my ESim, I tried getting a physical Google Fi Sim card, tried network and factory resets and the issue persists. Any and all leads/help appreciated! Screenshot_20231001_133129_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Jammy1
Student
Options
Try turning on your data in settings
0 Likes
DannyValdes
First Poster
Options

It's on!

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, we don't have Google Fi here. You may get a better response in the US forum https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/samsung-members/
HateVerizon
First Poster
Options

Did anyone figure this out? I have my mobile data turned on in my settings, but it still shows no signal and I can't make or receive calls/texts. Not even emergency calls.

0 Likes
douniko
First Poster
Options

I have a similar issue with my S21 FE 5G and my Sky mobile eSIM. When I got the last update from Samsung (25/11) my eSIM died completely and got detached from the network (no data/sms/calls). I contacted Sky which was completely unaware about the problem and all they could offer was to swap back to a physical SIM. I popped my pSIM back in, connected to the network and Reset network settings but the eSIM wouldn't reset. Instead, the OS was periodically trying to connect using the eSIM sending my pSIM off the grip (disconnecting me from all mobile services) and draining my battery in doing so. I then tried Factory reset but that also didn't work, the eSIM could not be deleted even with a hard factory reset!  

Anyone has seen this on the S21s? I know Samsung has issues with eSIM on S22s but did that last update screwed S21s too?

0 Likes