sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
To Samsung and whoever is experiencing this 

So I updated my S21+ few days back to Android 12 One UI 4.0

The battery is terrible I mean I cleared cache partition 

I always have power saving mode on 

I put unused apps to deep sleep

So the question is why can't Samsung work with Google and sort the battery out.

I was fine on the old one UI no issues 

Why do you always degrade the battery 

Sort it out PLEASE SAMSUNG 

22 REPLIES 22
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I think it also depends on what apps you use; try to avoid heavy-intensive apps like Chrome, Facebook and use alternative ones. See my post regarding Smartphone efficiency to help alleviate your problem 😀.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/smartphone-efficiency-battery-storage-saving-tips...
Baridon
Voyager
Options
My advice is to give it about two weeks, whenever you receive an update the battery life seems to be terrible even on an iPhone. I also got the one UI 4 update and the battery life isn't something to write home about. I would suggest you stay positive and give it a week or two. ✌️
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
You would think it'd improve but not always if it's a software issue. Then your waiting for the next update which may or may not fix it. Because let's face it, Samsung don't listen to us at all. They just provide battery saving tips which we've already done and aren't working because the software is to blame.
0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
Having battery issues after a major update isn't peculiar to just Samsung phones or gadgets, it affects apple as well. You are advised after a major update to give it time for the phone to optimise its performance.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Apple and the likes of google have to only think about their apps.

While samsung has to give battery access to google products as well as theirs and so double the battery is wasted.
Eg. Bixby vs google etc.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Explains why 5000mah feels like 500mah 😂
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
TBH the S21 Ultra has been my best phone in terms of battery life so far.
I can get two days of battery life out of it on working days.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I'm just experiencing battery drain and app crashes. The white screen is when messenger opens. I get a white screen until I close it off and open again.Screenshot_20211119-201430_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20211119-192655_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Android 12 seems to be a mixed bag for people 🤔

I don't know about others but I have been literally checking both stores for app updates since I had the beta and am also signed up for beta trial on some apps so I have most apps updated.

Battery life is similar to android 11.