Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new youtube video today on the S21 Ultra performance with both Exynos and SD

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 05:24 PM)
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

There are so many of these similar videos out there... and so many articles ... that it starts getting very boring hearing the constant bickering and argument about the regional differences in this handset.  

I would urge you to watch this video... apart from the MrWhoseTheBoss tests, this video is seemingly one of the most controlled and factual tests that I have seen.   It was only posted up today to youtube.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuNNmf2gIRc&feature=youtu.be

I have no interest, to sit and spend all the time debating this repetitive argument ... but i want to share this link.  I think a lot of people will be surprised by these results, and there are other benchmarks that also support similar performance traits.    I think whichever of the chipsets has the upper hand, we are talking about a few percentage points difference. 

And whilst there are a few slight differences between them, I am pretty sure that after a few patches and software bugs resolved that many of the issues will be resolved and brought into line with one another.  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
17 REPLIES 17
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
Too hot to handle 😅
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
I have done a couple of 3D mark stability tests on a 20x loop. I actually did one today... to check there was no degradation of the new software update when I received it.

The 20 minute test showed virtually no difference from my previous tests yesterday with the earlier software.

I have found the hottest the phone got during both of these tests was 43 to 44 deg C

Screenshot_20210208-190950_3DMark_5103.jpg

Screenshot_20210208-191212_3DMark_5104.jpg

- Smiley

michael39
Navigator
Options
how hot is it running?
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

You should check out the overheating page. Lots of reports of overheating 

0 Likes
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
Uncomfortably hot after 10-12 minutes while recording fhd videos. Last time I tested it with 4k and I couldn't hold it comfortably after 8 minutes of use. I've requested for a return label already so it's definitely going back...
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure what to do now.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
thanks for comment.

I dont need to check out the overheating page... and I am very aware of the problems that some have faced from comments over the past week.

For the severe cases of over temperature it is still undetermined if there is any hardware issues or these are software related. I know some have been getting over temperature alarms occurring. in those cases I would have probably sent back for a replacement myself. I have not seen any messages on screen to turn off the camera due to over heating.

for the less severe heat issues.. people are already reporting lower temps with the latest software.

Everyone that has heat problems has their own decision to make about return phone,or stick with it and wait for fixes.

I have found the phone heat up during benchmarking and camera usage... but to the point of no more than 45C... at this temperature things are being hot... but some people are reporting 'can't hold the phone' it is so hot.

This is not my experience... my phone has responded ok to functions for camera and games. I notice warmth and heat... but not alarms.
- Smiley

0 Likes
GraemeD
Navigator
Options

Just did the Stress test with my 512GB model. 

Battery 28% to 15%

Temperature 30C to 42C

Frame rate 14fps to 37fps

Best loop score 5283, lowest  3261, stability 61.7%

0 Likes