Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[02/MAY/22] CVDD. MAY Security, Bugfix, Camera, updates

(Topic created on: 02-05-2022 11:23 AM)
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung has begun rolling out the CVDD update with the May security, bugfix and enhancements release for the S21 series of international devices.

Initially, as always, this is a staged rollout to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 international devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B

This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXS4CVD2 build on the international devices.

Changelog

• Overall stability of your device has been improved
  • The security of your device has been improved
  • Camera
  • The Night Portrait feature has been enhanced
  • The quality of pictures taken with social or camera apps downloaded from the application store has been improved
  • The 'Auto framing' feature is supported in video mode and some video call apps
  • After updating you will not be able to downgrade to the old software because of updates to the security policy

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

System information

CVDD UPDATE_Settings.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU5CVDD

Download = 869MB

Build date = 25 April 2022

Release date = 02 May 2022

Camera version = 12.0.01.69

One UI version = 4.1

Android Security patch = 01 May 2022

This is the 31st stable update for the Exynos model in 458 days. Average = 1 update every 15 days.

TOP TIP: Wipe the phone's cache partition and use the Galaxy App Booster after updating.

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
28 REPLIES 28
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Samsung is bringing Galaxy S22 camera features to older S21, S20, Note20 and Z-series phones

Source... GSMArena

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

[UPDATE]  Mon: 09 MAY 2022. 08.22hrs UTC/GMT

As anticipated, Samsung are still not currently showing this update for the U.K. carrier branded models on the following CSC codes...

• EVR = EE/BT
  • VOD = Vodafone
  • O2U = O2
  • H3G = Three

To locate your device's CSC code, go to...

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version

CSC CODE BTU CVDD_Settings.png

The screenshot shows CSC code BTU for a U.K. stock, non-carrier branded, Samsung device.

Carrier branded devices should receive this release once the carriers have certified them for Samsung to release. 

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

This update, CVDD, is now available for CSC codes...

• SLK = Sri Lanka
  • 3IE = Ireland
  • PHE = Spain
  • XEF = France

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

U.K. carrier branded S21 devices for EE/BT on CSC code = EVR are now receiving the this CVDD update, shown in post #1

No news yet for the other S21, U.K. carrier branded devices for...

• VOD = Vodafone
  • O2U = O2
  • H3G = Three

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

[UPDATE] Wed: 11 MAY 2022, 10.52hrs UTC/GMT

U.K. carrier branded S21 devices for O2 on CSC code = O2U are now receiving the this CVDD update, shown in post #1

• VOD = Vodafone
  • H3G = Three

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

[UPDATE] Fri: 13 MAY 2022, 13.00hrs UTC/GMT

U.K. carrier branded S21 devices for Vodafone on CSC code = VOD are now receiving the this CVDD update, shown in post #1

• H3G = Three

0 Likes
aaronw
Voyager
Options
When june update for s22 ultra o2
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The next update for stock, unbranded, U.K. is likely in the next few days on CVF2 release.

As for O2 carrier branded devices, it could be another week to 10 days after that for carrier certification.

0 Likes
aaronw
Voyager
Options
What site you look at to know all this please
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I use a whole range of sources to glean information. Try CheckFirm and SamsungFirmware Download on the Google app store.

0 Likes