Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[02/MAY/22] CVDD. MAY Security, Bugfix, Camera, updates

(Topic created on: 02-05-2022 11:23 AM)
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

Samsung has begun rolling out the CVDD update with the May security, bugfix and enhancements release for the S21 series of international devices.

Initially, as always, this is a staged rollout to the non-carrier branded, stock Samsung CSC codes first.

The Galaxy S21 international devices that will receive this update are...

• S21 5G model SM-G991B
  • S21+ 5G model SM-G996B
  • S21 Ultra 5G model SM-G998B

This latest release replaces the previous G99*BXXS4CVD2 build on the international devices.

Changelog

• Overall stability of your device has been improved
  • The security of your device has been improved
  • Camera
  • The Night Portrait feature has been enhanced
  • The quality of pictures taken with social or camera apps downloaded from the application store has been improved
  • The 'Auto framing' feature is supported in video mode and some video call apps
  • After updating you will not be able to downgrade to the old software because of updates to the security policy

It is a FOTA, (Firmware Over The Air), update and you can check... Settings > Software update... to see if it is available for you. Alternatively, you can connect to the Samsung PC suite, Smart Switch and check via that.

System information

CVDD UPDATE_Settings.jpg

The update = G99*BXXU5CVDD

Download = 869MB

Build date = 25 April 2022

Release date = 02 May 2022

Camera version = 12.0.01.69

One UI version = 4.1

Android Security patch = 01 May 2022

This is the 31st stable update for the Exynos model in 458 days. Average = 1 update every 15 days.

TOP TIP: Wipe the phone's cache partition and use the Galaxy App Booster after updating.

(N.B. This post will be updated as more information becomes available)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
28 REPLIES 28
ironass
Black Belt 
Options
[UPDATE] Tue: 03 May 2022, 09.30hrs UTC/GMT

So far, this update has been released for...

• Germany. Stock Samsung CSC code = DBT
  • Italy. Stock Samsung CSC code = ITV

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks. Looking forward to the camera improvements.

Any difference you have seen?
UK is normally 3 days to a week behind from Germany.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
I just hope it fixes the annoying call issue. I can't hang up in a timely mannor any more. It says call ended and the call carries on. I wonder if anyone can confirm?
0 Likes
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

@KirkyLAD

Sorry but I have never experienced not being able to hang up from a call.

Have you tried using...

Settings > Accessibility > Interaction and dexterity > Answering and ending calls > Press side key to end calls

KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
Thanks. I just tried that and the same thing happens. I'm sure I've seen at least 1 other post with someone else with the same issue since the last update (I'm in the UK)

I'll see if this update fixes it when I receive it and if not I'll factory reset
0 Likes
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

@KirkyLAD 

Did you wipe your cache partition and use the Galaxy Apps Booster after your last update?

Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/wipe-cache-partition-repair-apps-amp-galaxy-ap...

KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
I had already tried both of them but appreciate the help 😊

I just got it to work correctly with Bluetooth off (I have a Galaxy Watch 4 Classic) and it failed with Bluetooth back on so I thought I had cracked it but now it's failing with Bluetooth off again.

I even had to turn my phone off once then because it wouldn't hang up. So weird!
ironass
Black Belt 
Options

Now available for...

• U.K. Stock Samsung CSC code = BTU
  • Baltic Europe. Stock Samsung CSC code = SEB

0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
It seems to be working fine after this update 🙂