Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Acronyms used by Moderators in post report feedback comments

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 03:31 PM)
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
First things first, thanks for the work the moderators carry out daily to keep this Community reasonably on the straight and narrow.

Please can one of the moderators kindly post a rosetta stone or link to an existing one for us mere muggles because the three letter acronyms don't mean a thing to some of us born before the 80s. I understand your need to use them to save typing out long winded replies repeatedly but at the same time they aren't helpful to the recipients.

Presumably moved to NMA is the forum destination for moderated content. Other messages have to date been indecipherable to me.

I think in future unless there's a specific point I need to know about, I'm happy not to get any comment back from reports I submit anyway. Shame it's seemingly not an option at least in the tablet app.
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @antikythera 

Thanks for letting us know about these 'strange' messages you're receiving. We can confirm that we're aware of this issue and are currently working on this to find a resolution, as these messages should not be filtering through to you and are for internal purposes only. Once the issue has been fixed, you will no longer receive messages of this nature.

Hope this helps to explain!

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Thanks for clarifying that, much appreciated
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Our pleasure, @antikythera!

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Got 9 NAR messages from SaudA just now, so still not fixed. Also, I don't recall reporting 9 posts in the last 24 hours so presumably someone is reporting anything and everything I post.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

@antikythera , The truth is... probably a bit less exciting.

The board has a system that auto-flags keywords to us moderators, and sends a copy (or copies in some cases) of the relevant post to another area on here for us as a queue to work and review. For some reason, Members app Community users are getting notifications of the replies to those copies when they shouldn't be.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
okay thanks for the further clarification. at least it prompted me to turn the notification sound down from 11 to 5. Any chance one of you could send me that list so I know what to avoid using and triggering more work for you than necessary.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

No worries. 🙂

Appreciate the sentiment, antikythera, but we're unable to share that info with users.

0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Guess not, it would appear as ****, ******* etc even if you did 😉
0 Likes
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Still not fixed, any idea when this will be dealt with? I know I'm asking the proverbial "how long is a piece of string?" here but it's really starting to grate now
0 Likes