Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Your Phone Companion/Link to Windows: MMS content no longer appears on my PC

(Topic created on: 04-07-2021 08:25 AM)
WarwickT
Explorer
Options

With the current/latest versions of Your Phone Companion/Link to Windows (1.21043.54.0) and Windows Service (2.2.01.10) on my Galaxy S10e, MMS content--images and videos--no longer appears on the PC screen.  Only the text component of the MMS appears.  I confirmed that the issue is with one or other (or both) of these latest versions because my wife's S10e was running older versions and it synced all MMS content perfectly until I upgraded it to the current versions.  Anybody else with this problem?  How can I revert to a previous version of Link to Windows?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try uninstalling the current app first.

View solution in context

Solution
WarwickT
Explorer
Options

Thanks Pugs1957. Uninstalling then reinstalling Your Phone Companion/Link to Windows FROM GOOGLE PLAY STORE installed version 1.21042.140.0 which fixed the problem--MMS content is back on the PC.  (I didn't need to download a separate APK.)  At the same time the app itself offers a further update where the link installs the new/current version (1.21043.54.0) from the GALAXY STORE. The answer is to not install that update.  

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
You probably will have to download from a third-party apk website that has the version you are looking for. Examples for some website are; an1, aptoide, apkpure and there are loads more 😁.
0 Likes
WarwickT
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the suggestion LiquidSnake, but unfortunately there is a hiccup.  I tap on the APK, give permission to install from Unknown Source, installation appears to progress OK then it stops with the message "App not installed".  I tried a couple of different APKs and numerous attempts.  Looks like it needs some action that is above my pay grade.

0 Likes
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try uninstalling the current app first.
Solution
WarwickT
Explorer
Options

Thanks Pugs1957. Uninstalling then reinstalling Your Phone Companion/Link to Windows FROM GOOGLE PLAY STORE installed version 1.21042.140.0 which fixed the problem--MMS content is back on the PC.  (I didn't need to download a separate APK.)  At the same time the app itself offers a further update where the link installs the new/current version (1.21043.54.0) from the GALAXY STORE. The answer is to not install that update.