Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter

(Topic created on: 04-01-2024 12:17 PM)
Marvs
Journeyman
Options

This has been a recurring issue/bug with Samsung Phones, ie, for some strange reasons even w/o changing the security settings, the phone just lock out and shows the message:

"Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter"

Read similar experiences from other members in the community and it appears samsung has not addressed this at all to the complete satisfaction (ie, not factory reset & completely erase data) of the customer for YEARS already. 

Appreciate any working lead from anyone - please be kind not to blame or assume we don't own our phones. Don't be cruel, we're here to ask for help not to read your nonsensical comments. Thank you.

12 REPLIES 12
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi. When posting issues please indicate which phone model you are using and also possibly which carrier and country as it will help people to help you better.

I personally have never had any issues you have described.

The password thing seems.to be generic to me as most passwords require you to have a combination of letters, special characters and numbers.

Unless I'm missing something maybe try setting a password in the format they are asking.
0 Likes
Marvs
Journeyman
Options

Note10+ & currently in PH assignment. It seems that the issue happens to few units but I am pretty sure it is not a user-induced thing (ie, like we failed to follow the pw format or changed the security settings). We have been using our units for quite some time until this issue just unexplainably happened. 

Try searching the topic, "Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter" so you can validate that indeed this concern is a real thing for the unfortunate few of us.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Seems like you have been having this issues for quiet some time (seen a similar post from you from 2022).

Seems like the only option seems to be factory Reset which you have ruled out.

I personally can't say if it's a bug or user error but I feel it's your call since you Seem to have this issue for a long time.

I always am an advocate of factory resets after major updates as it solves underlying issues and makes sure of a clean install.

Either way your call and best of luck all I can say is maybe report it as a bug and hope foe the best.
0 Likes
bmz37
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem since 10/10/2023. Never set up any security features at all. Out of the blue my S23 Ultra asked me for a password and as advised by Samsung Centres to use any Google or Samsung password I might remember but in the end result has been "Your password contains at least 4 characters, including at least 1 letter." This happened hours after I bought it i.e., bought it 0n 10/10/2023 late afternoon and on 11/10/2023 at 8:00am when I tried to use it, it asked me for a password I never set. I have extremely valuable data which was transferred from S20 (traded in) as soon as I paid the full price. Up to  now I have not been able to use the device. Samsung insist on factory reset which I am not happy to do so. I have been back and forth with them as yet no solution. They can solve the problem but are not willing. I am willing to escalate the issue as far as it goes. 

Members_wLEW8tP
First Poster
Options

Same issue with my S23 ultra. The phone is locked  since March 14th 2024 and I don't want to do a factory reset. I don't understand why Samsung cannot help us??? It's a software issue to ask you a password which never was set.

Jeanniner1
First Poster
Options

I've had the Galaxy 10 for year or so when this very thing happened. Without checking this Samsung website that clearly show Samsung is at fault - I gave up and bought another smartphone- An upgrade Galaxy!!! Do I  feel stupid or what? Guess i'll just wait for this one to shut down too. 

0 Likes
SalehMS
First Poster
Options

im facing the same issue here. is there any solution??

0 Likes
Members_dLLKMK8
First Poster
Options

Can anyone tell me how to do a factory reset when getting this message? Trying to help my dad with his S8+ he never set any password for it. Hes not sure how to factory reset from the screen below. Any help gratefully recievedThanks

IMG-20240420-WA0003.jpg

0 Likes
AnnMoonMan76
First Poster
Options
I have s23+ , my phone has locked me out with same message. Samsung are not helpful. Told to try Google and Samsung passwords. Or it's £30 for Samsung to wipe my phone and put software back on. It's a total scam!
0 Likes