Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling on a50

(Topic created on: 28-03-2023 12:40 PM)
mike2717
Apprentice
Options
I am trying to get WiFi calling working on my a50.
It's says on the spec thar it should support wifi calling but can't see it in settings. 
Is this available on my phone ?? 
I know how to find the buttons on the drop down panel from the pull down from the top, or in phone settings..but there is nothing there.
I have poor signal where I live and this would help loads if I could get it working.
Is there any patches coming to a50 for this ?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
WiFi calling is provided by your network provider. My partner has Tesco mobile and Tesco doesn't support WiFi calling. The main providers usually do e.g I'm on EE and they support it so it depends if your network supports it. Hope this helps
0 Likes
mike2717
Apprentice
Options
Tesco have just started supporting wifi calling, my wife recieved message from them tell her it was available. She has a Samsung a12 and it works great
The problem is although my a50 spec on Internet says it supports WiFi calling it not on the "VoLTE compatible phone" list..
Why I am not sure unless the spec is for phones other than UK phones...but that would be silly.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I think it may be linked more to your version of Android that the device itself and if VoLte isn't an option VoIP should be but to be honest I'd be very surprised if your phone didn't support volte once it's enabled by your network provider. Make sure you keep your phone updated. Vodafone UK have this tutorial on setting up an A50 for Volte I hope it is helpful https://deviceguides.vodafone.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-a50-android-9-0/calls-and-contacts/turn-wi-fi-cal...
0 Likes
Ftloy
First Poster
Options
Hi Mike. Just solved this problem with my Mams phone. A50, Android 11, up to date installs, etc. Turns out, in this case, the Configuration settings hadn't installed. So, to get the latest settings, go to settings/connection/network operators. Turn off AUTOMATIC, and search manually for your provider. When you connect you will get a fresh config message. Installing these and restarting the phone resulted in the WiFi calling option now being visible.

If it doesn't work in Sim Card 2, try Sim card slot 1.

If successful, go back and change the Network scanning to automatic, so it works when you go abroad.
0 Likes