Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

WiFi Calling - Android 11

(Topic created on: 05-01-2021 07:42 PM)
Sid001
Pioneer
Options

If you had WiFi calling before Android 11 update and its missing now, this is probably because you had the SIM in the phone during the install. (I know it sounds daft).

Restart the phone without the SIM card, after restart put back your SIM and you should find WiFi Calling menu item on Phone app Settings.

I have used this method on an unlocked S20 on O2 and its worked for me.

56 REPLIES 56
Sid001
Pioneer
Options
I have just tried it a second time and it worked here. I powered off, pulled the SIM out, rebooted the phone with WiFi on and then about 30 seconds later inserted the SIM. I then went to the phone app settings and the WiFi Calling option is back. I should point out that if you are not on O2 you should check your supplier offers the service.
0 Likes
Sid001
Pioneer
Options
Hi Sprk, have you looked in the Phone app settings rather than the main menu?
0 Likes
Sprk
Apprentice
Options
Yes. It used to be directly underneath "Voicemail" option but not any more. I've searched for it too on the menus but it's nowhere.
0 Likes
FullBlackHabit
Student
Options
yea I'm on o2 before putting the aim card back in did u do it with the phone on or off?
0 Likes
Sid001
Pioneer
Options
@FullBlackHabit I have repeated it with the phone on and with the phone off. It worked both times.

if you're not getting any success you could try deleting the Cache partition and repeat the process. this might flush any old cache files
0 Likes
FullBlackHabit
Student
Options
I wonder if its the fact that the phone created an esim ?
0 Likes
Sid001
Pioneer
Options
The attached screenshot is from the Phone app settings. This is want I get.

Screenshot_20210105-193203_Call settings_14543.jpg

0 Likes
Sid001
Pioneer
Options
That's an interesting point. I just checked mine and no esim. if you have not registered the esim, it might be worth deleting / deactivating it and repeating the process. I suspect the phone is using the esim settings and is not finding WiFi calling as an option from the esim provider.
0 Likes
Sprk
Apprentice
Options
that's what I now get

Screenshot_20210105-193803_Call settings.jpg

0 Likes
FullBlackHabit
Student
Options
It says one isn't set up. Just that I remembered it from setting my phone up. It's soo annoying especially as I have no signal where I live. I'm considering looking in to downgrading to android 10 again...
0 Likes