Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isnt good lock integrated into one ui?

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 10:49 PM)
InnocentForce
Explorer
Options
There's a lot of potential with goodlock however not many people work on it, so integrating goodlock Into oneui would add a lot more software developers to the project.

So why isnt goodlcok interpreted into oneui? Or are there any plans to do so in one ui 6? 
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Because good lock is not from samsung
0 Likes
InnocentForce
Explorer
Options
I am aware that it was not directly made by samsung as it would have been in the settings by now however I'm not understanding why it isn't or samsung hasn't adopted the good lock labs team into one ui. They are not strangers, they are closely trusted by samsung so security isn't a reason. They even went out the way to promote the so called ' third party app' https://www.reddit.com/r/oneui/comments/sb98x7/samsungs_really_promoting_good_lock/?utm_medium=andro....

If you have the time, look at my profile as I have another suggestion regarding this matter which is more detailed
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Why would samsung adopt something that is not their's into one ui. I Personally hate good lock. It's acually very bad. I'm glad they do not include it into one ui. If they did good by samsung for me. Good lock is the worst thing out there
0 Likes
InnocentForce
Explorer
Options
They would adopt good lock because they promoted it, if the general public were to try find said promotion based off the advert it would not be found.

With your distaste of good lock I feel the same. The lagginess and region locked experience is far from delightful. However just image how much more feature rich good lock would become and more unified it would become if it had more people working on it, beating out ios and all customization of Chinese brands. That is my wish
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Samsung didn't promote it. Good lock paid sansung to advertise it which they did. They did not promote it they simply did what good link payed them to do..Good lock paid samsung to advertise it so samsung advertised it. That's normally how it works when you pay to advertise something.
0 Likes
InnocentForce
Explorer
Options
That would be true if that's what companies as big as apple and samsung did for little money. Good lock is a non profit project so how could they afford a samsung advert without losing money as samsung didn't explain in the video how to download good lock so how exactly is that beneficial for good lock. Take the bts adverts for example. Samsung pays bts to take part in samsung ads however since good lock is a non profit project that disproves that samsung paid good lock or vice versa. The only other reason is that samsung promoted good lock as part of their services, interlinked into oneui. So my question is why isnt goodlock intergrated into oneui? Since samsung is so comfortable with good lock labs changing the task bar, settings of the device, overlays and to some extent giving good lock samsungs oems to implement said features. Whether that's the lock screen or the navigation bar.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Like TV adverts..they tell you about things but don't tell you where to get them. Good lock is made by good lock labs. Good lock labs will make other paid for software. The money they paid samsung for that add will come off there company's tax bill. You may think its expensive but for a company it works out cheaper for them to run a add than it does the total tax bill. That add cost maybe 20k but it would knock off 40k from there tax bill.
0 Likes
InnocentForce
Explorer
Options
I'm not sure your quite understanding what good lock is. Samsung made good lock as in its their employees, however they are a third party from the samsung one ui team https://news.samsung.com/global/video-meet-the-good-lock-app-developers-working-to-establish-open-un... my point is that good lock labs isn't a serrated company but apart of samsung except the labs means its experimental. Good lock didnt pay for an ad, samsung promoted their services. Just like on samsung newsroom ( promoting, sharing samsung news and new features ) they also promoted good lock, one of their services made by the third party good lock labs https://news.samsung.com/global/make-your-galaxy-smartphone-personal-with-good-lock-2018
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure you understand..Good lock labs is not samsung. Good lock is made and distributed by good lock labs. If Samsung make and distributed a app its made by samsung. Good lock labs is not samsung!!
0 Likes