Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is secure folder using mobile data?

(Topic created on: 03-03-2022 12:48 AM)
Bigbear5
First Poster
Options

Hi,

On S8+ have noticed secure folder using mobile data and data on wifi. 

Why is this the case when all secured data is stored locally on the device?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Secure folder is more like a second user account on windows, its a second space to download apps, keep files, that have no access to the local files on the other accounts. This means that it, too, will have apps such as Google play, in order to download more apps, aswell as background services related to any of those apps functionalities. This means if there are any apps in secure folder that need mobile data, they will use it. This includes Google Play just checking for updates.

If you don't need your secure folder apps to be constantly updated or provide notifications, and you only use it to store local files. Then you can disable all the apps inside, so they don't run in the background. You do all of this through the app itself, it has its own settings menu within it.
In comparison, i have no background data usage in my secure folder, despite doing alot of my work within it on different apps. So its easily achievable.
Veebs
First Poster
Options

I don't use my secure folder and my wifi data usage indicates 600mb of data being used by secure folder. The only reason why I've been checking is because I noticed data transfer all morning and can't figure out what's using it because I closed all my apps. No Auto updates on Google Play. Reboot does nothing. The data transfer starts up again immediately regardless of mobile or wifi. Any ideas?

Members_KqmbZdg
First Poster
Options

Having exactly the same problem. my secure has used 1.74MB in 4 days??? what is going on?

0 Likes
Another victim
Student
Options

I do not have any apps in my secure folder, but I have top private family pictures and videos in it. Right now I noticed in settings that my secure folder used 388 MB data in one month. I am now gonna move them to my laptop but it won't help the pain below my heart until I find a good reason of that data used.

Another victim
Student
Options

Hello, I have no apps but some private stuff in my secure folder, and it used 388 MB data in one month

0 Likes