Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight management in Samsung health

(Topic created on: 06-08-2020 07:38 PM)
Taffyduck1
Journeyman
Options
What's happened to the weight management in Samsung health? The app has updated and now its gone. 
11 REPLIES 11
jimbo913
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, seems to be a dumb choice.  I personally never used caffeine tracker, but I monitored my calorie burned/consumed tracker like a hawk.  I can't understand why in the world they would remove that.  What is next, the step counter?

Hannah1705
Apprentice
Options
It makes no sense as it one of the best features! I use it daily
shazzah
First Poster
Options
me too is a really good guide and you can easily see how your tracking through the week. really cant understand why they have removed it. also with the change of colours on food and macros it's harder to see at a glance where your at as they are so similar especially fats and carbs. they need to change this and bring back weight management as is a really useful tool!
Taffyduck1
Journeyman
Options
I've contacted Samsung to see what their response will be 🤞
foxy0614
Student
Options
Be sure to let us know what they say, if its not changed I will have to use another app.
Gill28
Explorer
Options
I contacted them and was told they did it to improve the app!
0 Likes
Taffyduck1
Journeyman
Options
It's obviously not an improvement to the app.
Taffyduck1
Journeyman
Options
Not received a reply yet but if they're not going to replace it I'm going to look for another app as well.
0 Likes
zippyioa
Explorer
Options
Good luck with a decent reply, I've been chatting with Samsung UK support via Twitter for a few weeks after it was announced to the German customer base in mid July.
Scarily, the UK support team seemed to know nothing about the removal of the weight management feature from Samsung Health. there was no heads up prior to its removal for UK customers, even the update changelog doesn't mention it?!

I have got nowhere with finding out why they removed such a fundamental feature. I used it daily to lose 2 stone which I put on after being bed bound for 3 months.

I've been using Samsung Galaxy phones since the S2 & upgrade every 1-2 years. I've had 2 Samsung Smartwatches, even a smart oven from them.

I was due to upgrade my Note 9 to the Note 20 Ultra, my Galaxy Watch 46mm to the Galaxy Watch 3 and my Galaxy Buds to the Buds live this month.......

Sadly, this unnecessary and inexcusable change has made the Samsung ecosystem useless to me, and many other users now.

So, I've got nowhere and decided to vote with my feet....... I just replaced my Galaxy Watch with a Garmin Fenix 6X Pro (which is absolutely fantastic!) and I've moved from Samsung Health to Garmin Connect for my fitness tracking (its perfectly syncing calories from food logged in MyFitnessPal).
The range and standard of data collation and analytics in the Garmin Connect app is fantastic, in hindsight Samsung's "fitness" offering is like a kids toy.... they did me a favour by forcing me to switch! 😃

My Galaxy Note 9 is due for an upgrade too, but I feel so strongly at Samsungs total disregard for its passing customers that I'm no longer considering the Note 20 Ultra..... I'm now closely looking at OnePlus, Xiaomi and Google phones as they seem more customer focused and attractive to me now.....

So after 10 years of loyal custom to Samsung and many thousands of pounds of my money...... Goodbye Samsung!