Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Uploading (share) to Google Drive from the Samsung Galaxy A32 My Files app

(Topic created on: 11-08-2022 03:09 PM)
Trashka
Apprentice
Options

Good morning,

such an issue - I have files in my phone's memory, I select them and choose "share"> Drive (ie with Google Drive).

And, when I select more than 1 file, something seems to be happening (status and upload info appear, but it soon disappears, or files seemingly are getting uploaded, but the progress bar just keeps filling and emptying, and nothing is happening), but no files are getting uploaded.

However, transferring files one at a time works fine.

Someone something?

Samsung Galaxy A32, Android 12, My Files ver. 13.1.01.3

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
hjindr
First Poster
Options

I found the good solution on another website:
Settings - Apps - Drive
You have to permit that drive can reach files/media - after this permission pictures were uploaded from my phone to Drive.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Trashka hello, first try the usual-clear the cache of the My Files app. If the problem persists, reinstall the most recent version for the My Files app: to do this, go to Settings / Applications and look for the My Files app. In the options You will see three points on the top right-do Uninstall updates, restart the phone and update the app manually. Tell us if it has worked for you, greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Trashka
Apprentice
Options

@Ventorthank you for your reply.
I was running the latest version and cleared the cache - the same.

As a matter of fact, when multiple files are selected, only the first one is getting sent.

0 Likes
Harold Stock
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my S22 Ultra. Very frustrating when you want to upload more than 1 image. Alternatively, you could go into the GDrive app and upload your pictures to the respective folder from there. However, I would like to see the problem fixed soon.

trikyq
First Poster
Options
Can not get my apps
0 Likes
trikyq
First Poster
Options
So would i
0 Likes
Solution
hjindr
First Poster
Options

I found the good solution on another website:
Settings - Apps - Drive
You have to permit that drive can reach files/media - after this permission pictures were uploaded from my phone to Drive.

Trashka
Apprentice
Options

Worked as a charm! Thanks!

0 Likes
Night77
Apprentice
Options

Now with OneUi 5 (Android 13) the Google Drive app in my Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra lacks the "file/media" permission!! It has only three permissions:

Notification
Camera
Contacts!

I am having the latest Google Drive app: version: 2.22.417.1

Otherwise with my Galaxy Tab8+ using OneUi 4.1 (Android 12), i have the permission "Files and Media" there Google Drive app is working well!!

The app version is: 2.22.417.1

So, the problem seems to be from Android 13 itself because the app seems to have the same version in both devices but the Android versions are different!!

0 Likes
Blackjackcc
Journeyman
Options

Hi there, 

I have the same issue that you said for my Samsung s22 ultra. I don't have the permission for file and media. 

Did you find any alternative solution to share your file from Gallery to Google drive app?

Thanks 

0 Likes