cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Tips] Learn about the new Group Sharing

(Topic created on: 15-08-2022 02:18 PM)
AntS
Options

Group Sharing is a fantastic feature that allows you to easily share various content with many people.

For example, you can create Shared albums where multiple people can add photos and videos together to share precious memories; or Shared notes where you can study together or share ideas with each other. Or you can add special anniversaries or important events to the Calendar so other people don’t forget; or set Reminders so they don’t forget things they have to do. You can also share your Internet connection so that others can connect along with you!

AntS_0-1654787871764.png

And Group Sharing is now even easier to use!*

1.  Add directly when you want to without creating a group in advance

Instead of having to create a group in advance, you can now select members to share with from the Contacts tab or directly enter the information in the Account tab.

You can still use Shared albums, Shared notes, Shared calendars, Shared reminders, and Auto hotspot family sharing* just like before, and that were created with existing groups.

(Note: The Group Sharing menu provided previously in the Samsung account menu is due to be removed from June 13, 2022 (UTC).)

2. Show recently invited members

You can directly select recently invited people when selecting members to share with.

So, if you have invited members to a Shared album, you can select the same members at once when creating Shared notes. And when sharing several kinds of content with the same member, you don’t have to scroll through the Contacts tab to find the member you want to share with each time, nor re-enter their Samsung account ID or phone number in the Account tab.

AntS_1-1654787871773.png

We’d love to hear any thoughts you have on Group Sharing. From whether you’re going to try it out for the first time (and how you get on), or if you use it often; to any suggestions and ideas you can think of to make it an even better experience. Let us know in the comments below!

*Please ensure your Group Sharing (or Samsung Experience Service) app is updated to the latest version.

* Auto hotspot family sharing is only available for Android 10 or higher versions.

9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Great article.
I'd completely forgotten about this and this has reminded me to give it a go.
So many features that some get missed
Member_171622
Explorer
Options
?
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I have not really utilised the group sharing too much either, will certainly try  it  out on a more regular basis  and see what I think of the experience.   Some functions can get missed.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

sexyboo
First Poster
Options
😃
0 Likes
Madcyclepath
First Poster
Options
I was going to start using shared notes with my wife for shopping lists until I discovered you can't edit a note created by someone else in the shared group. This is a total deal breaker and I am using Google keep instead now as it allows full colaborative sharing and editing.
GTA5
First Poster
Options
Okay you can finding a Okay place where
Neo001
Legend
Options

Have not tried this out yet. Will definitely give it a try. 

Does it work only with samsung phones? What I mean is - can the content be shared with any of the contacts, irrespective of whether the phone is an iPhone or OnePlus?

0 Likes
Members_CoVvTt4
Student
Options

The feature has potential, but the fact that we can't edit other members' notes, and that the "leader" can't modulate permission levels doesn't make sense. We want to be able to share shared notes!

0 Likes
Mikskram
First Poster
Options
Unfortunately the app update has failed code 112 for the 8th time.
0 Likes