Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Suggestions & Ideas Thread (for software-based features/apps for mobile, tablets, & wearables)

(Topic created on: 19-09-2022 11:25 AM)
AntS
Options

Hi all! :smileyhappy:

If you have any suggestions for features or apps, then please share them with us here.

285 REPLIES 285
Gabovis
Student
Options

I have a new feature I would like you guys to include on your phone which will make so many companies wowed.

I want Samsung to create their own chat app like the old days of (BlackBerry Messenger) known as BBM.
Samsung should create their own chat platforms that can send out messages to Samsung devices only. No other device will be able to download and use the S-Chats.

The S-Chat should be able to send & receive text messages only for free if there is no mobile/Wi-Fi network (that could save a lot of people from a state of emergency), but any other messages like sending of media should be able to send only with the use of the internet. When media is sent out without an internet connection it should show 'pending to send when network is available'..

There should be a way to add/request people on the S-Chat like S-234590 or usernames. 

I also have more features that could be applied on the smart watches.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm sure all idea's are welcomed by Samsung @Gabovis  👍

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
YawningLyon
Journeyman
Options

When you pull down the notification tray in Android 12, each notification can be previewed by tapping a small arrow.

In Android 12, the tappable area around this arrow has been reduced. It is tiny. Around 50% of the time you end up opening the notification instead of hitting the preview arrow.

Same issue here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-z-fold-z-flip/difficult-to-expand-notification-in-pull-do...

This is a serious UI flaw that has existed for 6+ months at this point. I have missed important notifications due to accidentally opening the app and not being able to find whatever was being notified about.

Please provide a resolution.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'd suggest to send your feedback also via the Samsung Members App and ive asked for your thread to be placed in the Mobile-apps-services/the-suggestions-amp-ideas-thread-for-software-based-features.  @YawningLyon 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Members_AXJA74e
First Poster
Options

Hello, in my opinion the Samsung notes app has a huge potential that has not been used for a long time. The company gives us powerful machines for note-taking in general [Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra or others from the "family"], and the application seems to have come to a standstill, and after the last huge update only patches and improvements of already existing elements are issued. In general, I'd like to know if the elements I'm listing (if possible, of course) are not possible to add / are under development / or just not considered at all in the near future.
First of all - hyperlinks! What a convenience it would be to be able to add them directly in the application. Thanks to them, the option of creating mind maps / notebooks / tables of contents / diaries or elaborate documents opens up to the user with almost unlimited possibilities. Thanks to them, the user can easily navigate through larger files or create references in one note to another (others!). By clicking on such a reference, the screen could instantly split in half / in four using the full potential of new tablets and smartphones.
Second - already streamlining the navigation of notes, it would be worth considering a bar of open notes at the top or bottom of the screen. This would greatly speed up jumping between documents on devices with smaller screens, where we depend on opening each note separately on the full screen.
Third - drop-down lists. It would be nice to be able to create a bulleted/numbered list that we can easily collapse into a small bar so that it doesn't obscure the overall view of the document, and have the ability to expand it and analyze the entire contents if necessary.
Fourth - to give custom names to individual pages in the view of their browsing. If we have specific elements on the pages it would be good to name the individual pages with some catchy names, which is not necessarily related to bookmarks.
Fifth - custom font sets. The option to download your own fonts and format the text to your liking would give a unique look to the notes.

0 Likes
Heartlog
First Poster
Options

I think that with multiple layers of note taking in a single note, the Samsung notes app can be greatly increased in functionality. These layers should be able to be toggled as desired. For reference check out the e-Ink Tablet market which already has this feature (remarkable or boox).

Further-more, I suggest a section in the Samsung Notes app where the user can directly input new feature requests and vote on already submitted requests to show Samsung which features would improve their already great Notes app.

There is no email or ever from samsung to add feature requests and responses to issues....

It take me 2 month to find this community...

0 Likes
drtechnology1
Explorer
Options

More advanced screen saver.  By this, I mean something that backups up all your apps and icons and widgets, and when u get a new phone or do a factory reset it adds everything back as if nothing happened.  It half does this now but some widgets and such do not go back the same as they were before.

Akbik
Journeyman
Options

I think a good idea would be to add a button on the phone called a "Shortcut button"

This button would work similarly to the Bixby button except you would be able to customize it a lot. Smartphones are just becoming the same thing over and over again with no change but this could be worth it.

This button could do what ever you want it to do. For example, it can open up a certain app, message a certain person, enable "Lockdown mode" or really anything

I really think that this is a good idea that can change the market

pavely
Student
Options

Please add more advanced training plans in Samsung Health for people who train only at home.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Does anybody even read this?

Please make apps stay in the " App Cast " even when I open them in the full screen again.- Smart View

Please return option which automatically shows which notification category notification belongs to from the tap and hold on notifications on the notification panel like in previous versions of software. Now it only takes me to the notification types.

Please improve text extraction from images, it's so buggy, low quality, interferes with other parts, won't really select parts I want it to, ignores some parts etc. It's years behind Google lens.

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.