Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesla app only unlocks the car for a few days after an update

(Topic created on: 24-04-2023 09:54 PM)
JonCage
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy S20 and a Tesla car. The phone in conjunction with the Tesla app form a key that unlocks the car. For some reason, starting about a month or so ago, my phone refuses to be recognised by the car to unlock it or act as a key.

Bluetooth to play music works fine still and my wife's phone works fine with it even now.

Each time my phone is updated it works fine again for a few days and then abruptly stops working again.

I've checked all the settings and as far as I can see the Tesla app is unrestricted so why would it stop working?

Screenshot_20230424_215152_Permission controller.jpg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@JonCage: Please try heading to Settings > Apps > Tesla > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache, then restart your Galaxy S20. If the issue persists following these step, head back to Settings > Apps > Tesla > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Uninstall updates.

Following these steps, please make sure that your phone is correctly paired to your vehicle, and that NFC is enabled via Settings > Connections > NFC and contactless payments > On. Alternatively, swipe from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and toggle on NFC from here. 

0 Likes