Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Some of my apps dont work

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 09:44 PM)
sammyconz
Apprentice
Options

I was in and out of apps as I usually do, logged into my PayPal by mistake so closed it and pressed my Halifax but every time I pressed it nothing happened. Went on a few different apps and also did the same. I managed to get on my Halifax by uninstaling and adding again but it's done it again. Please help is my phone compromised because is seems to be apps with extra security or am I being paranoid 

EDIT...... if you go to Google play and uninstall webview it should sort itself out. Worked for me 🙂

741 REPLIES 741
Steinway
Student
Options

I have the same issue. I am so disappointed. I have cleared cashe and storage. It did not help. I have uninstalled then reinstalled the apps. Still there same.  These apps are working find on 2 Android phones I had. I thought upgrading to Samsung is a good idea. It was a big mistake. You pay more than 1K for a phone and then it's so bad. 

PGB99
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

I have just purchased the awesome S21 Ultra with the official flip cover (with S pen).

All is great with the phone, but I am having some difficulty with the NFC support.  

I have setup Samsung Pay, and it works fine. I need to open the flip and scan my fingerprint, as expected.

I also play golf (don't judge me!), and I have NFC tags attached to my clubs to use GPS and do all sorts of distance things. I have to open the flip after each shot and unlock the phone to be able to tap the appropriate club on the NFC to register a stroke.

I had this same problem with my previous S9. I would like to be able to just touch the club without opening the phone.  BTW, the App I use has a function to "pin" it to the screen so it can't be accidently closed or disturbed whilst the phone is in the pocket.

The app describes the ability to just touch the club against you pocket, but I can't find a way to allow the NFC to fire without opening the phone.

Any keen golfers out there who might have a fix to the same issue?

PGB99

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Not reading, or executing nfc tags whilst the phone is locked is a security feature. Nfc tags can hold all sorts of data, some can be malicious, and therefore tapping peoples phones with a malicious nfc tag would be a dangerous injection flaw.
0 Likes
Toast
First Poster
Options
Duplicate photo organizer
0 Likes
mk_hogar
Journeyman
Options

hello at least 20 apps crashing on start. paypal, bank of america, samsung mail, reddit, skype...

tried to restart, to delete cache, but nothing. just more and more app can't open. 

updated to last version. android security patch level 1.3.2021.

BV : N985FXXU1DUC8

if anything you need to know, i will provide, but please help.

Cristina999999
Journeyman
Options
same on mine
KirstyMilne
Apprentice
Options
same here
mk_hogar
Journeyman
Options

when started ? 

me i think one hour ago...  just happen.

symiss
Apprentice
Options
by looks of it a lot are experiencing same ...me included apparently an update but mine hasn't updated in a while so could possibly be linked hopefully they will send out a fix or undo the update quick .....😡
Louismills96
Journeyman
Options
Same here, Gmail, Amazon, outlook and other apps! I thought it was malware!! spent hours trying to fix it! sort it out Samsung