Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart View no longer works

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 09:14 PM)
MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
I'm having an issue with the Smart View function on my Samsung devices - an s5e and an s21fe.

I've been able to screen share to my LG TV in the past with no problems, but now it just doesn't work - it doesn't find the device. YouTube still streams to the TV no problem, but I guess that works in a different way. 

Any ideas? I saw something online that seemed to suggest Samsung devices will no longer stream to a non Samsung TV, but I don't know if that's right. 

Thanks! 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
MFP4073
Journeyman
Options
I've worked this out myself, here's what it was....

The TV was connected to the home network using a wired connection, when I configured the wireless connection on the TV it appeared on the available devices list for smart view.

I'm pretty sure it used to work with a wired connection only, but maybe I'm wrong on that.

Glad I sorted it, and maybe this'll help someone else one day!
livingstonep
First Poster
Options
Sadly, my TV is wired, but works only intermittently. A recent LG TV update seemed to temporarily fix problem, but it's now reverted to intermittently connect. Seems LG and Samsung seem unwilling to work with each other, at a device/company level to fix this longstanding issue. Poor show.
0 Likes
Drew071
First Poster
Options
  • Go to settings on the TV and ensure wireless is turned on. It will show not connected if lan is connected but it has to be turned on.

Even if you have it plugged in to the router via lan wireless has to be turned on to allow miracast features.

0 Likes