Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart sync

(Topic created on: 18-04-2023 01:41 PM)
markraw2
Student
Options
Hi,
Has anyone else's smart sync stopped working? My S10 and Windows won't talk to each other today after the yesterday's update.
Any advice from anyone? Or are Samsung on this already 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@markraw2: Are you referring to Smart Switch? If so, please can you provide further details of the issues you're experiencing, such as the method you're using to connect your S10 to your PC, and any error messages you might be encountering? 

0 Likes
markraw2
Student
Options
Hi,
I'm connecting my S10 via lead to Lenovo lap top.
Yesterday was fine, no issues.
Today said to update app on phone, did that and its not worked since.
Open SS on PC and it asks to update phone app, when I say yes, it says can not sue to errors.
Can't get further than that.
I was using the previous Smart sync, not sure of version, definitely not current one, on laptop. Today it decided to update thst too.

I personally think if I can find the previous version to reinstall all will be ok
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
Uninstall Smart Switch completely, reboot your phone then reinstall. That should fix it. AFAIK there isn't an issue with the app, which suggests it's your kit.
0 Likes
markraw2
Student
Options
Hi,
I've reinstalled and rebooted the phone, done the same on the laptop and found orgional working copy of Smart Switch from April 22. Still having same issues

Says update the smart switch on connected device.

Then says update failed due to error
0 Likes
GinTas2
First Poster
Options

The same problem started from today. On PC Smart Switch is asking to update Smart Switch app on the connected device, but update fails. PC (v4.3.23022.1) and Phone (v3.7.42.12) has the latest for to day Smart Switch versions. The same problem on tested two Samsung phones.

markraw2
Student
Options
Hi,
It's good to hear this, especially as the update went like yesterday.
I've got mine working again, though I only use it to sync the calendars.
Sorted by rolling the PC smart switch to a previous version downloaded in 2020. Opened Google, went to my downloads in settings searched smart switch it it was still there from then.
The 2022 version I had didn't work when I tried that.
Hope that helps.

You cam find older version on the net, I'd drop back maybe 2 or 3 versions.

Ps, if you do the above, I'd "skip all" the which diary entry do you want to use, when you first boot up, you'll be there forever if not
0 Likes
EpsitJ
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue since today. On my S20FE, there's no option to downgrade to an older version of SS. Have removed, rebooted, and reinstalled on both PC (W11) and device (S20FE) to no avail. Same issue. Clearly a problem w last update from Samsung on SS. Hopefully there is a fix SOON.

0 Likes
EpsitJ
First Poster
Options

Update to my post from yesterday

Happy to report that an update to SS that was made available this morning seems to have resolved the issue I was having and many others were reporting (like those prior to my post). The new version (Win11Pro) is 4.3.23043_3 in case this is helpful.

Thanks to Samsung for addressing this issue quickly.

0 Likes