Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch general question

(Topic created on: 08-02-2023 12:18 PM)
cosy-rod
Student
Options

Hi there techies, just struggling to know how Smart Switch functions, as been using two Galaxy telephones.  So I used Smart Switch last year successfully to transfer data to destination phone.  So if I have data, photos taken since that event on source phone if I used S.S. to copy the photos to destination phone, will it "ADD" to that photo library in destination phone or  OverWrite it?  I am afraid to lose majority of photos which are on the destination phone (the older of the two but soon to replace it.)   Many thanks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
If its possible, rename the folders on the target device (your new phone) from EXAMPLE to EXAMPLE.1 to differentiate the folders. Once copied across from your old phone, examine the contents of the EXAMPLE folder, and the EXAMPLE.1 folder separately. If the contents are the same in both folders, you can delete one of the duplicate folders, or copy and overwrite the contents from one to the other. Note that, if PIC1 in the EXAMPLE folder is of your cat, and PIC1 in EXAMPLE.1 folder is of your dog, you will most likely have to rename each PIC (PIC1 and PIC1.1, for example). This will allow you to retain the photo of both pets.
0 Likes
cosy-rod
Student
Options

Thank you Steven I will take a look at this later and see whats easiest. Regards.