Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure folder password forgotten

(Topic created on: 19-03-2024 11:42 AM)
GALAXY A23 5G SILVER
First Poster
Options

Hi, Im using a samsung galaxy A23 5G smartphone which I bought last year.Recently I got an update for Android 14,and ONE UI 6.0, In which some samsung applications have been updated to the latest version,I recently changed the password for the Samsung Secure Folder & My bad ,I've forgotten the password of the same.After the recent update when I exceded the times of typing wrong password,Its still not showing the Forgot Password option.I have very much Important data in my Secure Folder which I need always.So please suggest an update for the Secure Folder by allowing to reset the password without uninstalling or without loosing the stored data.Its my humble request to #samsung .Please do the needful as soon as possible.

3 REPLIES 3
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm afraid there is a reason why it is called a "Secure Folder".

As far as I'm aware, you can delete the folder and reinstall it but you'll lose the data inside it.
S24 Ultra
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@GALAXY A23 5G SILVER   Whilst should be able to reset by entering your Samsung Account details if the option is not available hard to see a  way around it. Obviously security is tight. Anyway some details of the Secure Folder here https://docs.samsungknox.com/secure-folder/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Members_rsC0V9L
First Poster
Options

I'm in the same boat, the forgot password/reset password option disappeared after the last update, I've been waiting about three months now for a secure folder update but no luck yet, I've decided i am just gonna uninstall and reinstall it now and lose everything, sucks if you have very important files, i hope they will update it soon, sorry i cant be any help! 

0 Likes