Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung wallet

(Topic created on: 17-10-2022 04:39 PM)
Alecer
Journeyman
Options
I was looking forward to saving my boarding passes to samsung wallet but it only supports Korean air!
What use is that when I use a UK airline!
9 REPLIES 9
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Do the UK Airlines accept digital boarding passes, though? This is not a phone issue, but one belonging to the UK aviation industry and/or government legislation? It may even be that KoreanAir are trialling this technology under the watchful gaze of IATA/ICAO.
0 Likes
Alecer
Journeyman
Options
Jet2 accept digital boarding passes and can be usef with apple wallet why not samsung wallet?
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Possibly for the same reason why some retailers accept Google Pay/Wallet, but not Samsung's version of it. It seems to imply that it is something that (in this case) the airlines need to get on board with (no pun intended).
0 Likes
skmbede
First Poster
Options

Doubt it.. Emirates would support both platforms and i have to use the Emirates app as a boarding pass vs Samsung wallet. Question remains, why Korean Airline only?

0 Likes
DaveTM
Explorer
Options
All the UK airlines use digital boarding passes, most tend to have a QR code as long as your phone can display it, you could use a PDF or take a picture of a physical boarding pass both end up digital as long a the machine can read the QR code. So I don't know why we can't use boarding passes in here I will have 2 x boarding passes in May for Aer Lingus soon. 🤷‍♂️
0 Likes
Members_MfUjVeD
First Poster
Options

Has anyone received any technical help from this community or all the "troubleshooters" just users who want to help but have no official knowledge of Samsungs poor support. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi all, 

I'm glad to hear that you are using our Samsung Wallet app. I know that adding your airline or boarding passes to this would be really handy. The new Samsung Wallet has been released recently and we are working together with airlines and other business to add them all to this. 

As soon as more airlines are added to this, it will be published on our page and the app itself: Samsung Wallet | Apps & Services | Samsung UK
0 Likes
CoolieBwoyVI
Student
Options
Korean Airline only! 👀
0 Likes
CoolieBwoyVI
Student
Options
I'm flying out tomorrow morning this is disappointing.