Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S24 Ultra Camera rattle when launching the Camera App

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Fausto007197
Apprentice
Options

Good day to everyone, I want to know if it's normal that when launching the Camera App, it makes a "flick" or rattle sound

I understand this happens when swifting the zoom or taking a video, since the camera is in use, but notice a sound when launching the camera App, is this normal or the Wide Angle Camera of my phone has issues?

Thank you very much to all in advance

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mr_Erik_S
Apprentice
Options

Hello Fausto007197, 

My S24Ultra does the same. It makes a single 'flick sound' when I launch the camera app. I believe this is the camera returning to default settings concerning zoom and focus. I don't believe this is an issue you have to worry about. If the sound becomes a sound like mechanical grinding, then I'd suggest you to contact an authorized service partner in your area. Since your phone is less than 2 years, this should be covered by warranty, so stay clear of the unauthorized workshops :smiling-face:

All the best

E.

View solution in context

Solution
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
This is the normal behaviour of the phones optical stabilisation system and is nothing to worry about. You should only worry if your photos/videos are not coming out as expected. Of course if you're still worried then by all means have it inspected by an authorised Samsung service centre.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
Mr_Erik_S
Apprentice
Options

Hello Fausto007197, 

My S24Ultra does the same. It makes a single 'flick sound' when I launch the camera app. I believe this is the camera returning to default settings concerning zoom and focus. I don't believe this is an issue you have to worry about. If the sound becomes a sound like mechanical grinding, then I'd suggest you to contact an authorized service partner in your area. Since your phone is less than 2 years, this should be covered by warranty, so stay clear of the unauthorized workshops :smiling-face:

All the best

E.

Solution
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
This is the normal behaviour of the phones optical stabilisation system and is nothing to worry about. You should only worry if your photos/videos are not coming out as expected. Of course if you're still worried then by all means have it inspected by an authorised Samsung service centre.
Fausto007197
Apprentice
Options

Hello Mr Erik, 

Thank you for confirm this, I appreciate, yes a single "Flick sound", that exactly what mine does too, when launching the Camera App. Thanks for the explanation, all right, it's a flick and the camera moves back, I guess this is why makes the sound, thanks, I appreciate it!

0 Likes
Fausto007197
Apprentice
Options

Thank you Robin, I appreciate your quick answer, I think all works perfectly, just wonder about the Flick noise, thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it! 

0 Likes
Fausto007197
Apprentice
Options

Also, happen any of you know if when swifting lens image distorstion has been adressed? Specifically when zooming to x3 and x5

0 Likes
Mr_Erik_S
Apprentice
Options

Not really sure exactly what you mean Fausto, there's a digital zoom factor on some of these cameras. If you have issues with distortion then service technicians might have to investigate this further. Best thing would to be to take a few pictures where this happens, mark down the information such as battery level (%) and if you can find some pattern where/when this happens.
All these tips and tricks helps the SW developers isolate the problem and manage to produce a fix for the issue.

0 Likes
Fausto007197
Apprentice
Options

Thank yo Mr Erik for your reply, I appreciate it, I think I will better have it serviced by technicias, since it has appeared a black dot, right in the x1 photos, I think the camera has some issues, thank you

0 Likes