Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S10 software/operating system won't update

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Trub01
First Poster
Options

Hi 

I am trying to update the operating system on my Samsung S10 to at least v11 so that I can use my work email.  

It says that there are no updates available but its only on V9.  Last automatic security update was Aug 2019.

The outlook email app now won't open until I update the software but it also has my personal email on too.

I also can't download some apps like BBC Sounds so I wonder if this is also the reason.

Any advice appreciated, thank you.

Screenshot_20240413-080006_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20240413-080037_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Your device should have updated as far as android 12 now.

Is it an Enterprise Edition at all? If it is you'll need to get your works IT Department to push updates through.

If not, where did you get it and when? Is it in the wrong region perhaps?
scotsguy56
Navigator
Options
The S10 no longer receives updates.
0 Likes
Options
The long and short Answaer, you need to buy a new phone. Becouse the s10 phone are no longer souported by Samsung in the days of the galaxy s10s the updates were only for 2 years.
0 Likes
Options
The update cycle stopped in 2021 though, so they should at least have the March 2021 Security Patch
0 Likes
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
It can still get android 12
0 Likes
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
3 major os updates and 4 years of security updates
Options
Yes, the s10 did get the android 13. I know this as I had the galaxy s10. But after that, the s10 stopped receiving updates where you were in the world . But the fact is there are no more update,s for the galaxy s10. And there for apps will stop working the fact is you must upgrade your phone it's that simple.
0 Likes