Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Pay Watch Activation Doesn't Work

(Topic created on: 31-12-2020 12:57 PM)
gibbylinks
Journeyman
Options

Hi All,

I have a Samsung Note 20 5g running Android 11 with GUI 3.00. I have installed Samsung Pay with Curve because my card isn't supported by Pay.  I have had no issues with the phone and activated the "Virtual" curve card without issue.

However, my wife bought me a Samsung Watch 46mm for Chrimbo and I'm struggling to get Samsung Pay working on it.

Every time I open Samsung Pay on the Watch I am prompted to verify the "Virtual" card, when I click "Verify" I am asked to "check my phone" my phone opens and prompts for a verification code, but no code is being sent.

I received the code fine without issue when setting it up on the phone. I have tried changing the phone number to my wife's mobile, I get a text to her phone asking to verify change of number, but still no text to "verify" the Virtual card.

Any ideas ?

My Devices
Galaxy Note S20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986B/DS) : Galaxy Tab S7+ (12.4", Wi-Fi) (SM-T970) : Galaxy Watch 46mm (SM-R800)
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
gibbylinks
Journeyman
Options

Sorted, I had to ring telephone number indicated on my watch, and someone phoned me back to sort it.

If anyone else suffers similar problems, I was advised to remove the card from my watch and then try to re-verify it.

Maybe worth a try before ringing them.

My Devices
Galaxy Note S20 Ultra 5G (SM-N986B/DS) : Galaxy Tab S7+ (12.4", Wi-Fi) (SM-T970) : Galaxy Watch 46mm (SM-R800)

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
gibbylinks
Journeyman
Options

Sorted, I had to ring telephone number indicated on my watch, and someone phoned me back to sort it.

If anyone else suffers similar problems, I was advised to remove the card from my watch and then try to re-verify it.

Maybe worth a try before ringing them.

My Devices
Adibordoy
Pathfinder
Options
hi, I get to the "verify" and it asks for a security code? is that the verification code?
cannot get past that stage
0 Likes
gibbylinks
Journeyman
Options
Yes you should get text message

My Devices
0 Likes
jr1964
First Poster
Options
When trying to set up my unsupported card through curve. I get text with verification code but when I switch app to message to access the code when I go back to verification screen the box to enter code is removed
0 Likes