Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung notes app selection mode error

(Topic created on: 02-12-2022 05:19 PM)
Fountain
First Poster
Options

Fountain_0-1667870978480.png

Experiencing some issues with the Samsung notes app feature selection mode. Previously, it would only select and object that I encircle fully in its dotted lines. However, it now selects any object the line touches.
I have not changed the settings in any way, is there some way to make it so that the selection mode only selects object that I encircle? If not how do I restore the app to its default settings?

8 REPLIES 8
ZEM502
Apprentice
Options

I'm facing the exact same issue with Rectangle selection mode. This is especially annoying when I'm trying to select only the texts written on top of an image, but it ends up selecting the image underneath too. Samsung please revert the change or allow the users to change its behaviour, thank you.

ZEM502_0-1667994280730.png

Hushki
Student
Options

I'm facing the same problem and it's very annoying 

0 Likes
Bleys121
Student
Options

Same issue here. Selection mode is grabbing anything it touches and not just exactly when you encircle with it. It makes it impossible to work with images and drawings close to one another on a note. Samsung Notes  has become unusable now. 

Shayan Khan
Journeyman
Options

Facing the same issue as well after the recent update 😞

0 Likes
androiddollee
First Poster
Options

The Notes app update recently (maybe it was today?) makes it so that if you click on the selection tool, you could enable/disable including partially selected objects. Thank goodness, bec that issue was a headache!

0 Likes
ZEM502
Apprentice
Options

Can you tell me what your version of Samsung Notes is? Because I haven't gotten it yet

0 Likes
Shayan Khan
Journeyman
Options

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! With the new One UI 5 (Android 13) update comes also the new Samsung Notes update! And this issue alongside the search function issue has been fixed! If you havent received the update yet,please manually go to setting and check,if its still unavailable,it may have to do with your region but if you are the owner of Tab S6,S6 lite and onwards,you will get the update soon wherever you are!! Thank you samsung for listening to the users and thank you everyone else for commenting on the thread and bringing it to developer's attention♥️♥️♥️ 

0 Likes
ZEM502
Apprentice
Options

CONFIRMED! I received the update for Samsung Notes from the Galaxy Store because OneUI 5 is not here for me yet. Thank you Samsung for listening to the user ❤️❤️❤️

0 Likes