Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung internet search engine limitation

(Topic created on: 19-07-2024 12:38 AM)
tmuir
Apprentice
Options
I would really like to request the feature that a custom address bar search engine can be added, I find it very limiting that I am given a set of search engines that I am constricted to and there are many other search engines out there, for example kagi.com which is my primary search engine. This limitation alone is stopping me and I'm sure many others from switching to this otherwise excellent browser.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, you can request the feature be added via your Samsung members app. Tap on the Support tab and send your request as feedback. You never know, Samsung may decide to add it to a future update.

Alternatively, have you tried this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryvelia.kago
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That is some dodgy search engine.

At one point it says you can give even a fake email for sign up.
And
Then further down it say you need email for verification and stuff.

You can't make this up.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
tmuir
Apprentice
Options
It's not dodgy, in fact in comparison to this your average search engine is dodgy.

The average search engine runs off using the consumer as a product and selling their advertising data. Not only that, but on Google a majority of the results are irrelevant now. The idea behind kagi is that you pay monthly subscription and don't experience any of these shortcomings as this is their source of revenue. By fake email they just mean a temporary email address, or an email that isn't linked to any of your personal data like a Google email.

I recommend you have a look at their site more thoroughly, and perhaps even some reviews, and then to look at how Google uses and sells your data! Cheers
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Na. Man I'll pass. Thanks. It's good to know something like this exists.
"WI-FI went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family.
They seem like nice people"
0 Likes
tmuir
Apprentice
Options
Fair enough, each to their own
0 Likes
Xium
First Poster
Options

Doesn't even have google scholar as an option, wow, much upset.