Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health permissions

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 09:09 AM)
DaveLorde
Explorer
Options
When I open my Health app, it says the privacy notice has been updated and displays a 'Continue' button. When I press it I get a message "To use this feature, you need to allow permission in settings", but it doesn't say what permission it needs...

What new permissions does the app need?
33 REPLIES 33
DaveLorde
Explorer
Options
@MuratOgut - you make a very good point about non-technical users. I had a career as a software developer and always tried to make the UIs clear and simple. I suspect a Samsung developer just forgot to put the required permission in the message, but this should have been picked up in QA.
0 Likes
GillT
First Poster
Options

Thank you all for assistance here.  I became increasingly frustrated by this irritating development.  I really don't want to offer Samsung increased access to all manner of data on my phone, just so I don't have to count the number of lengths I swim.  I have allowed permissions for everything but thanks to the advice here, will now return and switch them all off again!  Fingers crossed I won't be here again looking for another answer!!

dp405
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the post. Samsung Health was about to lose a user and I hate having multiple apps for the same thing on my phone. The permissions apps ask for is ridiculous! No app needs access to my phone,  contacts, or camera (most of the time) and yes having to allow, verify, and remove permissions is incredibly annoying. Developers need to stop being so invasive. 

kiranova
Student
Options

Agree with you. I have deleted Samsung health due to this. They dont need all my content just to count steps or give a pulse reading!

kiranova
Student
Options

What Samsung did with this update to Samsung Health is ridiculous and invasive. I have deleted this app and will find a third party app!

Members_sewandsow
First Poster
Options

Many thanks SCpalmetto, would have been stuck without your advice, much appreciated!

0 Likes
Options
Ludicrous and invasive, I've used this app for many years and have found it a great help but this is a really poor show from Samsung. I expect more from a company that I have been loyal to for over 20 years. I'm now going to find another app AND another brand that's not so (my) data greedy. Goodbye Samsung.
Options
To add insult to injury, there is no way to delete this now useless waste of space from my device.
DaveLorde
Explorer
Options
If you find the app useful (I do), these permissions are not a reason to stop using it - as already mentioned, you can remove all the permissions you don't need or want once you've gained access to the app.

It just seems pretty dumb for Samsung to require them for access in the first place... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pip63
Apprentice
Options

I have tried all the solutions to no avail. I have a samsung s2 watch & a Samsung phone and have ended up deleting the Samsung health app so will I have lost all my data if I now re-install? I use it for step count & tracking to see if i’ve done enough, and heartbeat so don’t need all these permissions - so invasive. Why has this update caused so many problems? As others have said - the opening message was more than useless. So annoyed.