Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health Overnight Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 17-08-2022 07:06 PM)
battdrain
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone! 

I noticed that Samsung Health is draining an insane amount of battery on my phone (Pixel 6 Pro) overnight. I've attached the screenshots--strangely enough, it seems to drain a normal amount of battery during the day, and then it starts draining upwards of 20% of battery every two hours! I don't have sleep tracking turned on and I have a Galaxy Watch, but I disconnect it at night. Is there a reason for this insane battery drain? I'll go to bed on a full battery and wake up with less than 50% left. 

I use Samsung Health, so ideally I wouldn't have to uninstall it. I like that it tracks my steps and other stuff (and I think it's the best fitness app for the watch), but there shouldn't be any reason why it's draining so much battery when the phone is just sitting on my bedside table.

Thanks for all the help!12AM usage. Pretty normal.12AM usage. Pretty normal.2AM usage. Still pretty normal, I went to bed at 3.2AM usage. Still pretty normal, I went to bed at 3.4AM usage suddenly goes up by a ton.4AM usage suddenly goes up by a ton.6AM usage very high still.6AM usage very high still.8AM (I woke up at 10AM) very high usage.8AM (I woke up at 10AM) very high usage.

20 REPLIES 20
tempeViking
Student
Options

I'm running Android 13. The switch on the Samsung Health app is a slide, just on or off.  I've also disabled physical activity permission and set battery to restricted.  Maybe that changes the context of the Steps switch.  Good luck!

0 Likes