Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health / Fit E Not Syncing All Steps

(Topic created on: 27-06-2019 04:14 PM)
DrIT
Explorer
Options

Samsung Health Version 6.5.0.039 on a S9 with Fit E (5519) software version R375XXU0ASF1.

I really like my Fit E and I think the Samsung Health app is good too....

However... the is a niggly problem in that the total steps from the Fit E do not always sync correctly with the Health app.

I have not drawn any conclusion as to whether the fault  is with the Fit E or the app.

At the time of writing my Fit E is showing 6224 steps while the app (with Galaxy Fit selected) is only showing 6186 steps.

The more steps I have done in a day the bigger the delta can be.

From my observations I think the Fit E is quite accurate as I have from time to time checked the band, counted the next 200 steps and checked the band again.

I know I can select all steps in the Health app but that doesn't help is I did not take the phone with me on the walk, and it's not (least it shouldn't be) a big ask that the steps on the Fit E should be reflected on the Health app after it has synced.

Software Developer somewhere in the UK
If you don't like The Walking Dead... then you're just plain wrong!
Our freedom was not free. Many paid the ultimate price for it.
12 REPLIES 12
cgoamigo
First Poster
Options

Solved for me!

I was having the same issue (sometimes the step count was off by 8000 or so steps), and oddly enough the solution to a different issue I was having with the app fixed this one too! I had to uninstall the newer version of the app, and download an older version. And - for the last couple of days, it has been syncing perfectly!

Link to download the older version of the app: https://s-health.en.uptodown.com/android/download/3041744

The post where I found the solution: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/other-smartphones/can-t-sign-in-to-s-health-on-my-new-phone/td-p...

Hope it works for you, because it was getting VERY annoying!

0 Likes
Adrianthe DJ
First Poster
Options
  • I have the same issue with my S20 recording fewer steps than my efit says. Sometimes if I check it updates to correct number but if not my phone is always behind what my efit tells me. Sometimes even with a check there's a discrepancy..
0 Likes
EnglishRose-NL
First Poster
Options

Had the same syncing problem with my galaxy fit & my S8...

Found solution...under 'steps' it says what it is syncing with...i had mine syncing with both my Fit & mobile, changed it to syncing with only my Fit, finally all steps are the same now 😀

0 Likes