Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Health app endless black loading screen

(Topic created on: 10-08-2023 10:59 PM)
NessaWessa
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung Health app still records steps and displays them via my widgets but the app itself doesn't load at all.

When clicking on the widgets or the app itself, they just open a black screen with a logo in the middle and a progress bar at the bottom that endlessly loads even if I leave it running for hours.

Samsung Health endless loading screenSamsung Health endless loading screen

Samsung Health step and ring widgetsSamsung Health step and ring widgets

I restarted my phone twice, cleared the cache, force stopped the app, openened it again and that changed nothing.

A couple Google Play reviews for the app have mentionned that it stopped working after an update (version 6.24.2.001 on July 29 2023) and that reinstalling the app does nothing so I won't risk it.

Samsung Health July 29 2023 versionSamsung Health July 29 2023 versionSamsung Health Google ReviewSamsung Health Google Review

I also made an error report via the Samsung Members app (Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > Application) and added screenshots and screen recordings.

The last time the app worked for me was a month ago (~July 18 2023) and I don't have the updated version of the app yet.

I would like a confirmation that something is being done behind the scenes?
Am I the only one with this specific issue?

Phone model name: Samsung Galaxy 10s
Model number: SM-A107F/DS

Samsung Health App

Version: 6.24.1.035
Permissions: Body sensors, File and media, Location and Physical Activity

(My original post:https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Samsung-Health-app-endless-black-loadi... )

(I didn't know there was a US and UK SEPERATED community 🙄

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
NessaWessa
Apprentice
Options

I got a response from Samsung Members and my app is working

There was an issue with the app update for devices that don't support knox. This issue has been resolved in the latest market version 6.24.2.011. We advise you to update and test the app.

Yours sincerely,
- Samsung Electronics Benelux

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Sorry to hear.. That's really strange, I am not an expert, resetting your phone might help. However wait for an expert advise
0 Likes
NessaWessa
Apprentice
Options

Hopefully this post will be seen because I personally find it hard to navigate through this site

Amardarouich
First Poster
Options

Its the 2nd time of me facing this issue, it seems completely unnecessary since the app works for the whole week but decides to stop suddenly while steps are counting in the background just fine, last time reinstalling the app or deleting data fixed this. This should be resolved by the developers asap.

Update: i deleted the data again and it works perfectly and the app syncs and gets all the old data back, although it was inconvenient when the app stopped before my work out I had no internet to fix it. 

NessaWessa
Apprentice
Options

I'm really scared of deleting the app or the data because some people have mentioned  they never got their data back but maybe I don't have a choice...

0 Likes
Solution
NessaWessa
Apprentice
Options

I got a response from Samsung Members and my app is working

There was an issue with the app update for devices that don't support knox. This issue has been resolved in the latest market version 6.24.2.011. We advise you to update and test the app.

Yours sincerely,
- Samsung Electronics Benelux

0 Likes