Recently (after upgrade to OneUi 4.1) I've discovered Samsung Email app downloads my emails automatically, even though my email sync settings are set to "Manual" (for all configured accounts). Sync is enabled and schedule is set to Manual, but once a day, all my emails are downloaded, even though I haven't triggered sync.
I checked all the settings in my S10+, made sure Manual is set, but Email app still downloads my emails.
Is there any other setting I might have missed or this is a bug?
@TomaszuPL: Please can you try opening the Email app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Tap the cog in the top right of the pop up window > Select your account > Sync account, and toggle this option off. It's a bit of a workaround, but you can then toggle the option on when you want to manually sync your emails, and this should prevent any unwanted syncs. Alternatively, set Sync Account to 'On' and check the following:
1) Email Sync Schedule > Set Sync Schedule > Manual
2) Sync Schedule While Roaming > Manually
3) Peak Schedule > Sync emails during peak period > Manual > Peak days > Select as appropriate. Alternatively, toggle off the Peak Schedule altogether, if you intend to manually sync your emails at all times.
Let me know if this helps.
I'm familair with those options and:
1) Switching Sync on and then off for 9 email accounts is not really practical.
2) I checked all the options and still, manual sync setting is ignored.
It looks like a bug with no viable solution/workaround for me.