Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung email 6.1.22.3 - moving to a new phone - how to transfer all the old emails

(Topic created on: 05-10-2020 01:22 AM)
Lightfader
First Poster
Options

I just bought a S20FE. the smart switch app moved the vast majority of what was on my s8 successfully. However it only brought over the last few days of my email. On my old phone I had kept many important emails from the last several years. How can I transfer ALL the old email to my new Phone ? Any hints / tips welcomed. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
Go to email settings > then select your email account from the account section > then change the 'email sync period' to all time
0 Likes
truckergod
Pathfinder
Options
emails r backed up on whatever email server you use. I use Gmail so whatever device i use to login i can view all my emails.
0 Likes
George284
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem - just having bought S205G to replace my (very old) S6 with an email app version of 4.2.80.2. My email settings do not contain what Ghost0722 suggests "email sync period" at all - only a choice between do/don't erase from the (operator's) server when deleting an email from the incoming folder. There's a time and/or memory size limit on the server, anyway, so for older emails the app's folder "Deleted" is the only archive(!) I have. My understanding is that the Smart Switch operation will only transfer the account with its settings which gives you access to emails still to be found on the server but nothing more. Any other suggestions how to transfer the Deleted-folder?

0 Likes