Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung DeX - Love it more and more

(Topic created on: 13-02-2024 12:33 PM)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As a hybrid worker, having either a setup at each location or something transportable is VERY important.

I leave my work laptop at one fixed location - as it is a Dell MEWS (big, heavy, powerful laptop)
I keep at home my Samsung Book2 Pro - impossibly ligh weight but unable to use 10% of work apps.

Or i want to work and at times look up personal messages in one place and this is where Samsung Dex with my ZFOLD4 is unbeatable. Screen shot below is a usual setup of the following

1. Work (Intune) Outlook
2. TikTok
3. Samsung Members App
4. Secure Folder
5. Work WebEx App

You can only have 5 app on the screen at a time, you need a USB monitor (or Thunderbolt) with PD, plus keyboard and mouse (standard for most hybrid work locations).

Speed wise my work laptop is an I7/32GB RAM, my Samsung DeX ZFold4 to me seems allot faster.
Best part whenever i want, with 1 click i can turn off anything within my work profile.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
3 REPLIES 3
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Dex is something that Samsung really should have pushed harder. It is a unique feature that most phone manufacturers have not even thought about.

I bought a Dex station during the S8 plus days some 5 or 6 years ago. I used it a bit, although there were a few issues, it worked really well if using the phone in an office environment or wanting to expand to use a display, keyboard and mouse.

Dex has got better and better over the years. Even more benefit is that my dock that officially only supports up to the S10+ will STILL work with my s21 ultra and now the S23 ultra. Boom 💥 !

One of the most under rated features of Samsung eco system.

You don't need the dex station to use Dex, but it does give HDMI, two USB and power... and if nothing else acts as a phone stand and charger.

Samsung missed a trick with not marketing this feature highly enough !

SmileySmartSelect_20240213_145552_eBay_1000023310_1707836153.jpg
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ahh yes recall the Dex station with my S10, but flogged it and never used it, only stumbled back onto Dex with an S20, but again limited until I got a USB monitor and then boom.

For me it is also an untapped Samsung Gem
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
It is also great for tidying up and organising the phone... not always easy on a 6.8" display, but a lot easier to go through the gallery and tidy up photos and uninstall apps on a 27 " screen 😉
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite