Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung DeX is neither in quick settings nor in the app list

(Topic created on: 19-10-2023 07:55 PM)
HappyFrog
Journeyman
Options

I can't find Samsung DeX in my quick settings. How can I add it or access it from there?

Alternatively, having the option to create a shortcut for Samsung DeX would be great, but it isn't available in my app drawer.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@HappyFrog: The Galaxy S23 Ultra definitely supports DeX, so please try swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and swipe through the available pages to double check the options here. If you can't see DeX, tap the 3 dots in the top right > Edit buttons, then check the Available buttons section at the top of the screen. If you see it here, press and hold on the icon and drag it to your preferred spot in the Quick Panel. 

You can also swipe up from your Home screen and head to Settings > Connected devices > Samsung DeX, and activate the feature from here. 

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@HappyFrog: Please can you confirm the model number and Android version of the device you're attempting to access DeX on? 

0 Likes
TactfulGlove
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
HappyFrog
Journeyman
Options

Hi TactfulGlove,

the product is Galaxy S23 Ultra, model SM-S918B/DS, One UI 5.1 (October 1, 2023), Android 13.

0 Likes
HappyFrog
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, wrong recipient.

0 Likes
HappyFrog
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew,

the product is Galaxy S23 Ultra, model SM-S918B/DS, One UI 5.1 (October 1, 2023), Android 13.

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@HappyFrog: The Galaxy S23 Ultra definitely supports DeX, so please try swiping from the top of the screen to the bottom, then again to enlarge the Quick Panel, and swipe through the available pages to double check the options here. If you can't see DeX, tap the 3 dots in the top right > Edit buttons, then check the Available buttons section at the top of the screen. If you see it here, press and hold on the icon and drag it to your preferred spot in the Quick Panel. 

You can also swipe up from your Home screen and head to Settings > Connected devices > Samsung DeX, and activate the feature from here. 

HappyFrog
Journeyman
Options

Hi AndrewL,

the ` 3 dots` is the correct solution. Thanks a lot!

🖖

tobyjug
First Poster
Options
Can anyone help?
Purchased a samsung Galaxy Tab A9 recently, and DeX is not in quick settings. How do I download DeX into my quick settings?
0 Likes