Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung capture disappeared

(Topic created on: 23-02-2024 11:01 AM)
Members_4M3YBSg
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I just tried a screen record, but was told that I needed to enable Samaung capture being on top of other apps. I thought it was, having used this feature before, but nevertheless went to settinga to try ttore-enable it, but can't find Samsung capture AT ALL. It's not on the apps list, it's not there at all if I search for it - not just as an app but even on the most general search of settings. 

I went to the Galaxy store to see if I could download it in case I'd somehow (??) accidentally deleted it, but firstly couldn't find it, then when I tried through another route was given the error message: "This content isn't compatible with your phone's Operating System."

I'm on an S22 Ultra and I recently upgraded the OS (20th Feb) to Android 14.

I can't find any information at all about Samsung capture disappearing... Is this a thing? Has it changed to something else?

Without Samsung capture how can I enable screen recordings from the smart button, without having to download and faff with a 3rd party app?

Many thanks (hopefully!)!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Right, ive found it. Its a system app.

Do a search on your phone for "special access". Then press on Appear on top. Then tap on the 3 dots in top right corner and tap on Show system apps. Scroll down to Samsung Capture and ensure it's toggled ON1708691785376_1708691785369_0.jpg

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, my settings for screen recordings are embedded in the phones menu, via Advanced Features. Searched for Samsung Capture in the store but like you couldn't find it. 1708690848846.jpg1708690921975.jpg
0 Likes
Solution
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Right, ive found it. Its a system app.

Do a search on your phone for "special access". Then press on Appear on top. Then tap on the 3 dots in top right corner and tap on Show system apps. Scroll down to Samsung Capture and ensure it's toggled ON1708691785376_1708691785369_0.jpg
Members_4M3YBSg
Apprentice
Options

OMG, you're amazing, thank you so much!! I'd got as far as System Access but hadn't realised about the next step of showing system apps! 

Found it and toggled on, thank so much again 🙏🏻🙏🏻🌟🤗

Members_4M3YBSg
Apprentice
Options

(This one I'd already tried, but thank you - and thank you for keeping on looking for me and finding the solution below!)

Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You're very welcome
0 Likes
GhostTracker77
Apprentice
Options

I just replaced my old android and have the same issue. However, NONE of the youtube videos or the information here fix my problem.

Samsung Capture is missing from apps,  ALSO from special access, etc.  I've fully researched and the App just isn't on this phone.  
The palm swipe for screen shots is hit and miss.  I play a game that the swipes actually switch my screen, BUT my phone demands my hand touch the screen to make swipe work.  Othertimes it works okay.

I need my old click on both buttons to get a capture to work again like my old android to fix this.

Is there anywhere else Samsung may have hidden this app or setting?

0 Likes
GhostTracker77
Apprentice
Options

After many searches on the internet I found one that worked.  

To take a screenshot just hit the bottom section of the right side buttons (Down volume) and the lower button at the same time.

Unlike the old android where we hit both buttons at the same time fully... with S22 I must do only bottom portion of the upper button and lower button at the same time.

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Did you know you can also swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the screenshot button1715982229643_1715982229639_0.jpg
0 Likes
GhostTracker77
Apprentice
Options

That won't work for the game I'm playing. Both Top to bottom, and left to right if I move my hand too close it changes the screen to the next.  Which is why I had to figure out the 2 button on new phone.  But TY

0 Likes