Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 - do you know how to get rid of system ui? It won't let my partner block it or stop notifications.

(Topic created on: 03-03-2021 05:22 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Guys do you know how to get rid of system ui? It won't let my partner block it or stop notifications it's driving him mad 

41 REPLIES 41
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I can imagine, the moon shot will be amazing the ultra is a brill phone I may go larger next time, I recently got an m51 for work and that is massive but got a 7000 mah battery
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
when you go to to settings device information at the very bottom of your options list does your phone have 2 imei numbers or just one I have two SIM cards in my S21 at the moment one is 4 g 1 is 5G so it's very easy for me to do multiple comparisons
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I have 2 slots I used to have another 4g one in there for work but I put it in the m51, I find on ee most of time I get 100mb plus on 4g
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
what do you use to test your speeds I'm only using the universal advised one one speedtest.net unsurprisingly I get a better signal on 5G than I do on 4gee but I also have broadband and I've done a deal with Virgin Media don't size my broadband for a free unlimited theme from them so I get unlimited everything as part of my Virgin Media subscription so after all of the hype and and crazy stories about 5G and obviously looking at tech review with testing 5G for the first time I'm I was expecting speeds similar to my broadband anywhere from from 500 to 750 Mps download speed from 5G broadband is 650 I'm only getting half the speed I will expecting on 5g roughly between 200 and 300 MPs download speed 4gee anywhere from 70 to 110
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
I forgot to ask have you tried the wireless Samsung dex yet moving up from standard Samsung dex to wireless is next level mix it would be usable and and convenient
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I use speed test or I just type Internet speed in Google and use theirs, we are in the dark ages as we are quite rural, I get 36m on broad band and about 30-50m on the 4g when I'm in the city I have seen 200 out of the 4g and 5g is nowhere to be seen in our area so I will probably change the plan to 5G when my sim only contract is up,
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
no never used dex on the phone use it on the tab s7 all the time, may try it one day tho to be honest I forgot about it on the phone 🤣
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
I want to reply to your comments because there are some useful information I have for you wireless TX is just like streaming a movie to your TV not casting streaming where you still have full usage and and all features are still available on your device while dex is on big screen using your device as a tripod and keypad not ideal do but I use a wireless keyboard and mouse didn't really read the white version of decks so highly wasn't really a feature I used much but no I do because Xbox game pass on my mobile is effective an Xbox on Android but Microsoft Word not intending it for the big screen the expected by an Xbox but I play Xbox on big screen for at all my friends houses or wherever I go through Samsung wireless Dex and a whole lot more things I would think you would find it useful just sorry it's surprising how hot and and agitated you get Sting in in a gaming chair playing somebody from Seattle I also have it my TV is variable 120 FPS oled 55in Philips ambilight once you go all red everything else apart seems low quality I upgraded my TV with my new Xbox could I have a gaming TV these days future-proofing is a smart thing to do but anyway goodbye god bless their safe I'm off to fight to the death as well keep me busy while on lockdown

20210303_193227_1565.jpg

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that looks awesome 👌 to be honest I don't game much and I don't really watch lots of movies, we have 3 tellys, 1 is a 2004 Panasonic veira plasma 42inch, one is a 23 inch led samsung 2015, and the other is a 2016 32 inch samsung which is possibly a Q LED I have a ps4 and a switch, I mainly spend my time on my phone or my tablet, I also have a 2016 mac book pro but not touched that in ages
0 Likes
dgsaunder72
First Poster
Options

I did it by going to notifications in setting, in the list of recent notifications you'll probably see System UI icon. I held down on the icon n it opened up the notifications option, of which was Allow Sounds and Vibrations,  and Silent Delivery. I chose silent, but it still didn't stop. I restarted my S21 and they are now silent, and they still show up in the recent notifications list. Fortunately I also discovered how to turn off all the app notifications also,  so I only hear messaging, email, phone.....

0 Likes