Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Camera App Corrupt

(Topic created on: 20-09-2021 08:45 PM)
turkeytrots
Explorer
Options

The Samsung Camera app on my Galaxy S20 is corrupt and I have uninstalled it. See posts on Galaxy S20 Camera Not Working on Mobile Apps & Services. for further details.

How can I install a clean copy of the app? Where do I get it from? The Galaxy store doesn't help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
turkeytrots
Explorer
Options

Thanks Blessed4Life,

The Sammobile site is most interesting, but unfortunately the list of apps has every one from Samsung except Camera! The other had nothing of interest.

I rarely use the phone's camera (which is why I don't know when it first went wrong) so I'll stick with the third party app I have downloaded (I use a 'proper' camera normally). As I mentioned elsewhere, with Samsung Camera uninstalled the QR function of Samsung Internet now works!

But many thanks for your interest.

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
KholaI
Options

Hey @turkeytrots 

Could you try to see if the issue occurs in Safe Mode? For more info on how to do this, please click on the following link: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

If the issue doesn't occur whilst in Safe Mode, it could be that a third-party app is causing the issue. So, if this is the case, please remove your third-party apps one by one until you find the culprit!

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi I've found if you backup all you files & do a factory reset it will install a clean version of the camera app.
Hope this helps.
0 Likes
turkeytrots
Explorer
Options

Hi Kholal,

As I mentioned in my other post it seems clear that the Camera app is corrupt and as well as not working itself it also stopped the Samsung Internet QR scanner from working.

I have not installed any third party apps for months except yesterday and today for the necessary replacements and I'm sorry but I'm not going through the rigmarole you are suggesting. The Camera app is uninstalled (using ADB) and the third party replacement is its equal, if not better.

0 Likes
turkeytrots
Explorer
Options

Hi

Factory resets are a right pain as Smart Switch does not back up emails (at least not the last time I did a reset) and many custom settings are lost. Too much effort.

I was rather hoping that there was a Samsung site that allowed built-in apps to be downloaded.

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
OK, you could try this site it's legit.
https://www.sammobile.com
Or https://www.apkmirror.com
0 Likes
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Factory reset
0 Likes
swills9
Voyager
Options
If you use BLUEMAIL you will always have access to your emails on any product you have Bluemail set up on 🙂
Also if you are backed up on the Samsung A/C all settings are kept there to, and downloaded again when you select it when resetting
0 Likes
Solution
turkeytrots
Explorer
Options

Thanks Blessed4Life,

The Sammobile site is most interesting, but unfortunately the list of apps has every one from Samsung except Camera! The other had nothing of interest.

I rarely use the phone's camera (which is why I don't know when it first went wrong) so I'll stick with the third party app I have downloaded (I use a 'proper' camera normally). As I mentioned elsewhere, with Samsung Camera uninstalled the QR function of Samsung Internet now works!

But many thanks for your interest.

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Sorry I couldn't help & you're welcome.