Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10E Bluetooth causes apps to constantly refresh

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 10:35 PM)
VsUK
Journeyman
Options

I currently use the Samsung S10E, with Android Version 11. My phone hasn't been rooted or modified in any way, because the phones just that ***** good. 

Anyways, I've never really been a bluetooth user. But as of a year ago, I've been using more & more my bluetooth. I use my bluetooth headphones when at the gym, as well as the smart watch to track my heart rate. And also the NHS track & trace which requires bluetooth to be on. 

Long story short. I've noticed my apps would rendomly refresh when using. I've narrowed it down to Bluetooth. When it's on, my apps would refresh randomly every few minutes. When I'm using facebook, it jumps me back to the top of my news feeds. If I'm trying to type, it closes keyboard. If I'm watching a video, it backs out of playing the video. It's on practically every app I use & it stops when I turn off Bluetooth. 

I've cleared bluetooth cache & nothing changed. It's really REALLY annoying. So, I need help trying to fix it. I googled & someone else has the same problem with the S10 phone & he installed an app to monitor bluetooth connections & he logged 67 diconnects & reconnects in the space of 1 hour & every time it did, it caused whatever app he had open to refresh. Which was how I found out it was Bluetooth & to try turning it off. 

So I need help on trying to fix this.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
VsUK
Journeyman
Options

Pleasure I could help. I think it's an oversight of these app developers to not think about the constant bluetooth connections their app makes to keep in contact with the watch. Would be nice to have a feature to disable auto bluetooth connections & leave it to manual checking, but I guess this is a cost we bare for buying budget smart watches. I personally use the IMILab KW66 smart watch. Its cheap, but it's very accurate & it's compatible with normal watch straps, which was the pull factor for me, as I like Velcro straps for easy release & comfort. So I just turn it off when not using really. 

So again, happy it helped :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
DamonDolo
First Poster
Options

What kind of Bluetooth headphones do you have? Are they bludio? I've been having this problem on all my phones 

0 Likes
VsUK
Journeyman
Options

I've been using Sony one's. But I fixed this issue as it was my GloryFit App for my budget smart watch by Xiaomi. So I would check for an app you've downloaded that uses bluetooth to update or share data with other devices & try disabling it or uninstalling it. 

0 Likes