Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 dual sim vs single sim set-up

(Topic created on: 04-07-2019 12:46 PM)
AA28
Student
Options

From the UK and looking to purchase an S10 in either the single or dual sim model

S10 Single Sim set up: 1 Sim card, 1 Micro SD

Dual Sim set up: 1 Sim card, 1 Micro SD = No Second Sim

The dual sim variant is £100 cheaper than prices I have found for the single sim phone. so I am swaying towards this but do not know much about dual sim phones

What disadvantages will I have picking up the cheaper dual sim phone? - i.e. will battery be impacted using 1 sim + 1 memory card?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Ravax
First Poster
Options

I am also wondering the same thing! Did you ever find out?

Going by logic, the dual sim should be more expensive since it would have more utility... expanded memory microSD / or the option of a 2nd sim card.. whereas the single sim, only has sim + microSD card.. 

But I can get it for 200 euros cheaper than the single sim variant.. what's the catch??

0 Likes
AA28
Student
Options

Hi,

Turns out ALL variations are dual sim.  The single sim models are not true descriptions of the devices. I have disabled the second sim on the S10 and have put a micro SD card in the second sim tray instead. 

The price variations are region specific pricing tactics. 

The only true thing you need to be wary of is model number, i.e. if you buy a foreign model because its cheaper, it MAY not be able to receive updates? I ended up buying a model specific to  my country.

If you do buy a cheaper model outside of your region, be prepared to go around lack of updates via manual downloads - you may lose Samsung pay functionality but google pay works

0 Likes