Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"For your security, enter your passowrd" - my phone has locked me out!

(Topic created on: 03-03-2024 02:15 PM)
MolinoDeViento
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

Out of the blue, my phone Galaxy S20 is requesting me a password which I had never set up! I used my phone 4 hrs ago just fine and then I went to sleep. I woke up and could not unlock my phone! I found a thread here describing the same issue. Tried unlocking it with FindMyDevice/FindMyMobile: in the Smartthingsfind window on the right I clicked "lock", set  up a 4 digit password. Then my phone screen displayed a number pad suggesting me to enter the 4 digit number. I enter. It accepts it and then brings me to the "For your security, enter your password" message again! I enter the 4 digits there but it doesn't work! 

I contacted Samsung support but all they suggest is hard resent and lose all my data! 

My phone is connected to the internet. I also have a tablet Galaxy Tab 7+. I can access both: the Find Device app and FindMyMobile through the SmartThings website. I can see my tablet and my phone there. I have access to my Google and Samsung account. Having all the above, is there a way to unlock my phone? I have so many photos, videos and other important files I cannot lose. 

UPDATE: OMG! OMG! OMG! I was able to finally unlock my phone! It is the password to your Outlook! I recently set up my work Outlook on my phone.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Hi there, if im correct both samsung find and google find gives you the option to unlock your device. if this continues i recommend you to bring it to your nearest samsung care centre for them to try and assist you.
0 Likes
MolinoDeViento
First Poster
Options

Hello, it would give that option if I had "remote unlock" on in my phone before it locked me out. Now when I enter the smart shings website, it doesn't give me that option. 

0 Likes
MolinoDeViento
First Poster
Options

OMG! OMG! OMG! I was able to finally unlock my phone! It is the password to your Outlook! I recently set up my work Outlook on my phone. I had no idea it could be the issue. I have talked to two Samsung agents and only the second one suggested me the right solution. So, advice for future: seek for another opinion, try connecting to another support agent. The first support agent suggested the only solution: factory reset and losing all my valuable data! And the second agent suggested to enter my Outlook password and it worked!

0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hi there

I believe it may be asking either for your Samsung password or you Google one.
0 Likes