Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop Up notification A72

(Topic created on: 06-07-2021 01:00 PM)
Mel_S
Apprentice
Options

I bought a new A72 three months ago, and phone has just been updated. I no longer see an orange "blob" on the app which has received an incoming message. (Whatsapp, Messenger, email, Text etc). Kernel version is 4.14 if that helps (no idea what it means) Whats app advices that pop up notifications no longer available in your version of Android.

Has Samsung sold me a very old phone although branded as "New"?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mel_S
Apprentice
Options

Ok, but bit frustrating as it was all working until recently (last update?) Have now done a factory reset, and seems to be back to normal, so thanks for all the advice.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Mel_S: In order to enable app icon badges, please head to Settings > Apps > Messages (as an example) > Notifications > General Notifications > App Icon Badges > On. Go back and do the same for New Messages, then take the same approach for any other affected apps, and you should be good to go. I'm not sure about Whatsapp pop-up notifications, however this sounds like a limitation that has been introduced from the developers side. To check this, head to Settings > Apps > Whatsapp > Notifications > Select a subcategory, if applicable > Show as pop-up > On. 

0 Likes
Mel_S
Apprentice
Options

Thank you AndrewL. I have checked and the settings on the phone are as you advise, so I have not needed to change anything! Any other idea please?

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is a problem with a lot of social media apps. Of course you have new phone running the latest Android version but these apps are not fully compatible. The phone is up to date, the apps aren't. This, incidentally, is not a problem restricted to Samsung devices.
0 Likes
Solution
Mel_S
Apprentice
Options

Ok, but bit frustrating as it was all working until recently (last update?) Have now done a factory reset, and seems to be back to normal, so thanks for all the advice.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There's a few of us on here who had issues starting in March. It's been a nightmare. I'm glad you got it working.
0 Likes