Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onedrive or Google Photos

(Topic created on: 23-05-2021 04:09 PM)
Fadders
Explorer
Options

So given the fact Samsung moving to Onedrive was the worse thing they could have done, who would like to have an option to link Samsung with a different account other than onedrive.

At the moment Onedrive is the only option in the settings but I would like to be able to link Google photos instead so it behaves in the same way, so you can use gallery to view photos but delete physical copies and view the cloud copies from the Google cloud.

It would be nice to have an option to link whatever cloud option you want, Dropbox, amazon photos, or whatever instead of having onedrive forced on us. Wouldn't be so bad if onedrive actually worked well but like many posts I've seen, photos have not synced correctly and it has messed up meta data so old photos are now sorted as recent, and albums are not in order, or just albums are missing with no way to sync them as you created them.

Thia move has put me off considering Samsung for my next phone. 

Samsung, sort it out! 

3 REPLIES 3
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Fadders Some customers have reported problems with the  One Drive integration but this is by no means universal.  However some tips in this thread https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/how-to-fix-onedrive-not-syncing-after-samsu...   Ideally it maybe  would be beneficial to have an option of lining Samsung with different cloud providers but the company has gone down this route.    For those who have not integrated you still have the opportunity to download your data and then decide on the best option.   However in the Uk   the deadline is 31 July.  https://www.sammobile.com/news/-samsung-cloud-onedrive-migration/ 

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-switch-from-samsung-cloud-to-onedrive/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Fadders
Explorer
Options
I've already accepted as I assumed Samsung would have made the service work straight away. Only real option to fix it is to download everything and transfer everything to a pc and use a program to fix all the meta data and put the correct dates in, then delete all the onedrive data and reupload the fixed files, a lot of work that shouldn't have to be done.
marcushybrid
First Poster
Options

SAMSUNG SUCK BIG TIME AGAIN ! FAQ U SAMSUNG !
This had happened to me now after I had upgraded from a Note 10+ to a Note 20 Ultra 5G these few days ago and I am still FAKING scratching my head out to troubleshoot this stupid reckless idea that samsung had put in to non consideration of us (the end user who had supported you) all this while !
If anyone have the troubleshoot idea for this stupid problem, please help me as all my previous photos are with google photos and now my new samsung gallery isn't showing up all the photos from google photos ! FML ! FSAMSUNGL !

0 Likes