Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Ui 5 Notification Category Highlight Missing

(Topic created on: 09-12-2022 06:33 AM)
Metan
Explorer
Options

Why did the ability for the phone to show you and highlight which Notification Category a notification was for get removed?! 

33 REPLIES 33
Tim 1
First Poster
Options

Temporary fix from a user on Reddit:

I've got it!!

Go to Settings -> Notifications -> Advanced settings -> Notification history.

Assuming this setting is enabled, you'll see some of the most recent notifications. **Long-tap on a notification here, and you will be taken directly to the relevant category's settings.**

Unbelievable how convoluted they made something that was so easy and simple before, for absolutely no reason. But at least there's still a way.

Not an ideal fix so hopefully the developers swoop in fast with a fix. Simply return it to the old. Don't overengineer or overthink it. 

Members_BpxSf8i
First Poster
Options

Yes, this feature needs to be brought back. It's a nice feature and I miss it badly

Red_UK
Apprentice
Options
It wasn't long before I upgraded my phone that I found this feature. I used it everyday. It was the quickest easiest way to see my notification history in chronological order, and now its gone ☹️
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Yes why?! I have no manually find them and experiment if I'm succeful! 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
ImpurestFire
First Poster
Options

Thanks for posting that workaround!

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

So sad that we have to go through workarounds... 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
Metan
Explorer
Options

I concur.   I feel they probably did this due to backlash from developers??? 

Metan
Explorer
Options

I wish we could review firmware updates

Members_0YQpaEC
First Poster
Options

Hello, I had to search the internet to try and found out why I couldn't see the highlighted notification, and I am sad to see that there is only a work-around and not a proper solution by Samsung.

Samsung, please fix your software!

CaptainJack13
Student
Options

Edit: My apologies. I see this workaround was already posted. I just discovered it, as I recently got a new phone and have dozens (hundreds?) of notifications that I need to customize!

I have found a way around this issue. Definitely not as convenient as before when you could do it straight from the notification panel, but it works for me:

Go to your notification history in Settings. (Settings > Notifications > Advanced settings > Notification history). Find the notification and long-press on it. It will then take you to the specific category that it came from, and you can change your settings from there.