Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one ui 3 update, has deleted apps

(Topic created on: 13-12-2020 12:11 AM)
griffo83
Apprentice
Options
As soon as my device did system update it deleted apps off my device and I can not install them from playstore it just comes up as app not installed and I can't uninstall the update. How can this be fixed

My device is s20+
14 REPLIES 14
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
it's beyond me why no one read the terms and conditions or the big WARNING before doing the update it tells you to back up your phone before the update as it can delete app and data.
0 Likes
griffo83
Apprentice
Options
yes I am aware of that but it won't let me re install it
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are these apps compatible with Android 11?
0 Likes
griffo83
Apprentice
Options
as far as I know as I had it before the update on my phone
0 Likes
Nicolas993
Apprentice
Options

hello, i have the same problem, installed one UI 3.0 and i notice some apps got deleted from the phone. the problem is that i can't reinstalling them even if i go to the play store, it show an error "impossible installing the app". i already wipe all the data of google account, play services, reboot the phone,ecc as show in the helping settings, but the problem isn't resolved. solutions? it's possible an incompatibility with UI 3 ? before the update i had no problems.thanks in advance.    ( i have Samsung S20 )

smilepetsounds
Journeyman
Options

I'm so relieved to hear that someone else has experienced the same thing I have.  I have a Galaxy S10e, and I just updated to One UI 3 around a week ago. Everything seemed fine at first, but I quickly noticed that Spotify(which I had been using normally with no issues for months), had been completely deleted from my phone. I tried to reinstall it off of the google play store, but EVERY TIME, it prompts with a, 'App not installed' error message. Everything else works fine(aside from my Verizon mobile hotspot randomly not working after the update), but no matter what I do, I am unable to download Spotify.

You're not alone in this issue, and I have no clue how to fix it, I'm just hoping we get some answers or fixes with the next patch.

deeznuts
First Poster
Options

I just received the update on my S10 and I have the same problem that the Spotify app is gone and cannot be installed again. Has anyone found a solution yet?

Delyrium
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same problem, but mine were a bunch of apps, most were some icon packs and the main app that got deleted that I need is Life360, not idea why or how but can't reinstall any version of it, neither from the play store or sideloading an APK, backing up your phone wouldn't have worked as someone (wrongly) suggested as you CANNOT REINSTALL apps deleted by the update.

MaplePoki
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue here, and I've tried contacting Samsung for assistance, but it did not really help either. Wondering if anyone has solved the problem? I like to think that perhaps it may be a corrupted app but I've already tried safe mode and even tried installing a mirror of the app, but no luck. In my case my Photomath got deleted, which I heavily use for reference and I really need it. All started when I suddenly decided to update my phone after months, and now I'm greeted with this problem.

0 Likes