Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Microphone icon missing from chrome/internet browser search bar

(Topic created on: 29-09-2019 07:46 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I performed a factory reset today and just noticed that the microphone icon for voice search is missing from both browsers in the search bar. (It's there if I go to the top and want to write a webpage or in the samsung keyboard toolbar)

I remember the icon being there before this...

Android 9 - Sam S10

edit: it seems like the icon is there if I log out of the google account (on Sam internet It's missing either way)

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for clearing that up @Anonymous User

Just tested this on the Samsung Internet app, and the Microsoft Internet Explorer, and it looks like this icon only appears when using Chrome.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Anonymous User just played around with an S10 and an S10+ in the office here, and both have the Mic icon come up if you go in to the search bar. This is for both Chrome and Samsung Internet. Is yours still missing this on Samsung Internet?
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I have reset the Site Settings in Chrome for google and the microphone and google assisstant icons have appeared.

Unfortunately, with Samsung Internet I get the google assisstant icon at the top but NOT the microphone icon in the search bar (the one in the center of the screen not the one at the top). Tried doing something similar to reset like on Chrome but nothing... (can't remember if the google assisstant icon was there before or not but the mic icon is still not there)

Just to be clear we're talking here about google.com page. Basically the standard stock google search page.

0 Likes
Solution
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Thanks for clearing that up @Anonymous User

Just tested this on the Samsung Internet app, and the Microsoft Internet Explorer, and it looks like this icon only appears when using Chrome.