Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I disable these Samsung apps ?

(Topic created on: 29-09-2019 02:09 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Am I going to have technical issues disabling the following apps ? Also, could someone tell me what they do ? Running an S10 with Android 9.

Briefing, Samsung checkout and secure folder (this one I know what it does).

5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@Anonymous User: Briefing is just a news app that allows you to pick your favourite outlets and topics and receive all the latest news. Uninstalling this app won't have any affect on your device. Samsung Checkout is a dedicated payment service used in things like the Galaxy Store, so disabling this app might be problematic with regards to making in app purchases. Secure Folder provides an extra layer of security for apps and files, allowing your to password protect anything you add to it. Disabling this won't affect anything, but leaving it in place is recommended IMO.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Thank you Andrew. Where can one find the briefing app? I've been looking for it everywhere just to check it out.

Also, can the checkout app be used someplace else than galaxy store ?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Anonymous User: Apologies. It seems as though the Briefing app is encoded into Android 9 on the S10, but the app isn't accessible. If you're interested, try looking in the Galaxy Store for a downloadable version, or check out Google News which offers a similar experience. The Checkout app can be used to make purchases on Samsung Smart TV's as well.
saba1
Student
Options

Games blocked me

0 Likes
saba1
Student
Options

Screenshot_20210405-123506_Galaxy Store.jpg

0 Likes