Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging

(Topic created on: 26-03-2023 10:07 AM)
Shash01
Pioneer
Options
My messages layout has changed I don't like it and my messages are missing, I delete most messages except those from my partner, not deleted any for 20yrs and the only ones there are a couple of starred ones, gutted! I've looked at default and my default says it's messages with the blue icon 3 dots in middle that's what I've always used but the layout has completely changed and it won't change back. I've cleared the cache switched off and on but still can't get it back to original layout? Any help please?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
Shash01
Pioneer
Options
I also had read and delivered reports that's now gone and messages were in coloured bubbles that's now gone???
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
So you do have the latest messaging app which explains the layout change. Have you checked your recycle bin, see if any of your old messages have gone into there. Tap the 3 dots in your messaging app, then go to recycle bin. If they are there you can restore them. If not, I'm not sure what happened to them.
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You will also find chat features in the 3 dots under settings. Make sure chat is turned on to receive read and delivered.
Shash01
Pioneer
Options
You absolute star!! They were in there, no idea how. Thankyou do much. I have chat features turned on in settings but on my partners feed the option isn't there now to switch them on permenantly, I had chat for a few months on out conversations now no tab in our conversation settings to switch on? Thanks again for helping restore messages xx
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
That's weird there is no option on your partners. Don't forget Google messages. I know its using a different messaging app and having to download another app. He should get chat features working using Google messages.
Shash01
Pioneer
Options
Chat is on on his phone in our conversation but not listed in the 3 dots on my phone??Screenshot_20230326_124153_Messages.jpg
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If you go into phone settings > connections > more connections. Do you have the option to turn on rich communications? Rich communication is chat. If not Google messages will work for you. Only thing is you may not prefer it to Samsung messages. Screenshot_20230326_125238_Settings.jpg
Shash01
Pioneer
Options
Yes Rich comes is on, it's funny it comes on with some contacts but not others, it was on with my partner then the option disappeared? Thanks for all of your help, it's weird I go thru the settings whenever I gey a new phone and learn everything I can and I'm normally everyone else's techie lol. You've been a great help thankyou again x
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
With chat features you will only get blue bubbles and read and recieved with other android users that use the feature. If it's turned off their end you won't get read recieved. Also if they have an iPhone. Also need to be connected to WiFi or mobile data. I do know some networks don't support chat features in Samsung messages, so some do have to use Google messages to be able to use chat.
Shash01
Pioneer
Options
My partner has switched on too and he's on Samsung but older model than mine. I'm happy I've got my messages back so happy with that. It is strange how our chat no longer works for read and receive, as I said my chat service is switched on. If we each open our conversations and tap the 3 dots as in the photo I sent he has am option to turn chat between us off and on but I don't. Maybe it'll randomly start up again one day. Thanks Fiona👍