Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging

(Topic created on: 26-03-2023 12:15 PM)
Shash01
Pioneer
Options
My messages layout has changed I don't like it and my messages are missing, I delete most messages except those from my partner, not deleted any for 20yrs and the only ones there are a couple of starred ones, gutted! I've looked at default and my default says it's messages with the blue icon 3 dots in middle that's what I've always used but the layout has completely changed and it won't change back. I've cleared the cache switched off and on but still can't get it back to original layout? Any help please?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you using Google messages or Samsung messages?
Shash01
Pioneer
Options
There are 2 messaging apps on my phone, they both say messages I use the blue icon with the 3 white dots going across, I assume that's the Samsung icon. Not used the other one?
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Sounds like your using the Samsung one as your default messages
AndrewL
Options

@Shash01: Please can you confirm the model number and current Android version of the device you're using, located in Settings > About phone (Android version can be found in Software Information)? 

Have you recently switched devices? The layout of the Messages app typically shows the messages and conversations in a list, with the most recent messages/conversations at the top of the list. Is this not the case? If you have any conversation categories set up, then try tapping on 'All' in the top left of the landing page to display all your messages, as per the above. 

To give me a better understanding of your issue, are you able to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing, and attach it to your next reply? 

Shash01
Pioneer
Options
Hi the android version is 13 it says model name which is SM-A526B/DS.
I've not switched devices but noticed the look changed when I was in Egypt last week? Don't know why that would change it ?Screenshot_20230326_095203_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Shash01: Looking at your screenshot, the layout is as expected, although it does seem like the font is larger than average. To adjust this, please head to Settings > Display > Font size and style, and adjust the slider at the bottom of the screen. To unpin a conversation from the top of the Messages app, press and hold on the conversation > Tap 'More' in the bottom right > Unpin from top. 

Shash01
Pioneer
Options
I always pin my partners messages to the top also have my font larger as eyes getting old lol. My messages before were laid out like my partners. As in pic? I can't get this layout back?20230326_113427_1000006749_1679826871.jpg
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Are you and your partner on the same software? You messaging app looks to be the latest, where you partners looks like an older version. Have you recently updated your phone to latest android version or one ui 5.1? This could be why the layout is different, unfortunately being changed by latest software you won't be able to go back to that layout.
Shash01
Pioneer
Options
It's one ui 5.1 hid is 3.1, it's so annoying, it's weird I didnt do an update before I went abroad, this changed when there but I don't understand where all of the messages have gone, with every update my messages were never lost 😕